Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have been a catch can hater my whole life. I always said that if they were needed, the manufacturer would supply them. Well, Ford Performance has one, so it is going on muh truck :p https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6766-35T

I just installed it and I have some commentary. It could NOT be simpler to install. 2 bolts (more on that in a minute), remove the passenger side tube from the valve cover to the intake manifold. Install bracket, slip catch can on the bracket forks, install the supplied tubes from valve cover to intake manifold with the catch can in between. So, there was an issue. It says to remove the very front valve cover bolt. I tried to do that - it will not come out. It is secured into the valve cover and there is nofuckingwayinhell I'm removing the entire valve cover for this. Solution? Cut the bracket and only use one mounting point. It's secure and does not move, heck the hoses that go to the can are so stiff that you don't even need a bracket. Anyway, not sure if all trucks bolts are this way, but I thought for a minute and decided to dremel that ******. Otherwise, super easy install. The only tool you need is a 10mm socket.

Below is the cut bracket - the piece I cut off is like a fork.

IMG_1345.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

Installed:

IMG_1346.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the problem I had was this part: "On passenger side of engine,remove cam cover bolt and replace with cam cover stud bolt provided.Torque to 10nm (88 lbin)". Like I said I could loosen that bolt all the way until it spins freely, but it will not come out. @FordTechOne any insight to that?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, i've had these for my GT350 and prior GT for a long time. Was always bummed they never made anything for the Raptor. When did this come out?