Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the post...

I got the FP oil air separator kit for the 3.5L EcoBoost Pt# M-6766-35T. This is for the Gen 2 (17-20). I knew this going in, and that there was a chance it would not fit our Gen 3's. The instructions show that it mounts on the front of the right valve cover.

View attachment 412227

However, the 3rd gens have the EGR mounted in this spot.

View attachment 412228

But since i was committed to using it and can break rocks with my hard head, I decided to go ahead and find a way to mount this. With some minor fabrication i found a spot between the battery and the fuse box to mount it on the right side. I used the fittings that came with the kit and hosed clamped them with 3/4" hose to make the new lines the length i needed for the kit.

View attachment 412229

View attachment 412230

And all buttoned up.

View attachment 412231

TLDR: Does it fit? No. Can it? Yes.​

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I went to install mine today and naturally ran into some issues. First I couldn’t get the old bolt sleeve out and had to cut the sleeve off the new bolt.

After getting the bracket installed, I discovered that Ford included the wrong input hose. Hopefully they can send a new one quickly. View attachment 411362View attachment 411363
Did you ever get the correct tube? They sent me the one ending in LI instead of RO just like you received and I just called today to get it resolved.

HulkSmash23

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a 2nd kit and returned the first one. The 2nd kit included all the correct parts.

Hal993

Reaction score
I just installed the FP catch can. - easy-peasy... but DEFINITELY use a pair of pliers to pull the OG cover bolt once the threads are free. Otherwise you'll wonder for 30min whether it is truly captive or not. hahaha... it is not.