Catch-can bone dry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Catch cans are bullsh1t. There, that's your answer.
Yeah..once again..100% incorrect. Obviously, you can see that many many many people do collect nasty shit that would have gone back through the system. So to say they are BS because people want to keep that from happening..is dumb. Now if you were to say they are not necessesary because you can take that back through the system and still have a 100k mile truck I would agree with you. Does that make it a great idea...NO....it doesn't. Some people care about their trucks, some don't care as much and that is what it boils down to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor812

Raptor812

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Full Race oil catch can on my Expedition for about a year (can’t remember exactly how long). It connected to the PCV (passenger side) and CCV (driver side). It was doing a great job collecting contaminates.

That is until I installed the Full Race intercooler kit. It caught nothing; for about a year. Thinking it had something to do with the TurboSmart BOV relieving pressure needed to flow the oil through the catch can. With that thought I came up with the idea of only tapping into the PVC side of the engine. Bought a JLT can to replace the previous setup. In approximately 4500-5k I had just below a full can of nasty oil crap. Approximately 1500k was pulling my trailer with my wife’s car from Alabama to Arizona. Sure that made the engine work a bit harder than normal.

Not sure why your not getting any residual stuff in your can. Was gonna mention you might have a loose line causing a leak that interrupts good vacuum that would pull the oil. However, if that were the case you would get a code for the PCV system.

Are you hookup from the PCV valve to the manifold? Did you remove the internal mechanism from your PCV valve? Not sure what it could be without putting eyes on it.

I asked about the internal mechanism because the Full Race setup recommends removing it. However, the JLT did not mention it. Called them to be sure… was told to leave it in.
No I didn’t remove the internal mechanism as the Radium instructions didn’t mention doing so. I am also running a GFB bov on the truck.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the JLT 3.0 catch can and this is how much I collected over the span of 5k Miles

Attachments

• 24A5AB10-FBAD-4376-BC86-D2143DA5AC22.jpeg
    24A5AB10-FBAD-4376-BC86-D2143DA5AC22.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 15

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn’t remove the internal mechanism as the Radium instructions didn’t mention doing so. I am also running a GFB bov on the truck.
Ok… the Full Race can told me to. However, the JLT I now have installed (Full Race setup stop collecting after adding Full Race Freak-O-Beast intercooler and TurboSmart BOV).

Just got the UPR setup delivered Monday. Got a few of the optional items for maximum performance.

Attachments

• IMG_6251.jpeg
    IMG_6251.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6250.jpeg
    IMG_6250.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 5