Ford Bronco Raptor vs. RAPTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtgod

Reaction score
This sounds like a wifey “Raptor” that will serve to keep her out of my real one. I could be wrong but I think it’s going to be an underwhelming trim upgrade for the most part but would hope to see better. I was not impressed with the Bronco we saw and drove though I wanted to be for my wife’s sake.

Drew4M99

Reaction score
So, Ford announced the Bronco Raptor for 2022, any thoughts on what this will do to the crazy Raptor market? Anyone looking to trade in their newly found Gen 3 Raptor for a Bronco Raptor, haaaaaaaaa? Can only imagine how bat-****-crazy the Bronco market will be over a Raptor variant, when they can’t even roll out the 100 other variants that seem to be sitting in a cornfield somewhere waiting on a chip with leaky tops.

View attachment 320606
Problem really is that Ford is just trying to capture the raptor market but ultimately it waters down the raptor by introducing too many options and variants. I don’t even like the stupid Ford grill people throw on a regular f150. Get a damn raptor if you want that or sit on the sidelines.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe I read Ford wants Bronco to be a brand vs a model. Would make a little more sense with them calling a particular trim a Raptor. Two animals in one eh? Just not sure what other type of vehicle they will label as Bronco branded? Bronco station wagon?

They are already using the 2.7TT as the top dog in the Bronco. It has the Explorer’s 10spd coupled to it. So the 3.0 or maybe the 3.5 non H.O. With the F-150 10spd sounds likely for the Raptor version. If they decide to go wild (no pun intended) they may use the 3.5HO and really upgrade the suspension.

Now remember while the F-150 Raptor uses the 3.5HO right now. If the R does some out sporting say the 5.2 Predator motor. The F-150 Raptor won’t lose its superiority in the Ford lineup. The standard 3.5HO Gen 3 just won’t be as exclusive anymore.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they don't water down the Raptor branding like GM/Cadillac did with the V brand...

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real question: Is the Bronco Raptor a horse with a dinosaur head or a dinosaur with a horse head? Mane? Scales? What kind of tail are we talking? Hooves or claws. These are the real questions we demand from Ford.

Honestly naming conventions with all car brands are such a mess thanks to IP laws and trademarks. They basically have nowhere to go that isn't trampling on someone else's idea.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasnt that overwhelmed with the Gen3 raptor so I've been holding off for this. Waiting for a better look and what the suspension gonna look like. I'm guessing just a gen3 cross over. Hopefully the stealerships won't try charging $80-90k for it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Real question: Is the Bronco Raptor a horse with a dinosaur head or a dinosaur with a horse head? Mane? Scales? What kind of tail are we talking? Hooves or claws. These are the real questions we demand from Ford.

I'm think it will be like a centaur, except a Raptor upper body instead of human.