First Sorta-Kinda Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keeping appt.

When you say code reader, as I said I purchased this a while back. Never used it. Will this do it or is software needed?

B8C33CCC-33FB-4815-98EE-64EFC3B2FF42.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBD2 Scanner, OBD2 Reader, OBD II Diagnostic Tool OBD 2 Scan Tool OBDII Fault Code Reader Turn Off Check Engine Light View Freeze Frame Data I/M Readiness Smog Check CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool Upgraded https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7Y8FX/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Something like this would be fine. Then you wouldn’t need a computer too. Ebay probably has them for $15 or so.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that OHP cable works with the software Forscan. You can read the DTC codes without having to change anything in the truck (or erase them if you want to).

So you just need to download and install Forscan to read the codes as you already have the cable.

Here's a short video showing the basics:

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have forscan to can pull codes using your laptop. You can rest them also.

You have the same can bus cable I do and it works fine for reading and clearing codes

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keeping appt.

When you say code reader, as I said I purchased this a while back. Never used it. Will this do it or is software needed?

View attachment 137120

This is the defacto standard for attaching to your laptop and performing ForScan programming or just pulling codes/data etc. Works perfectly and have used it extensively.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't reset the codes, if you want the dealer to see them.

Lou N

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Exactly the same problem. The next morning started and ran perfect No check engine light. At first I thought it was all the mods I have done to it. But after you posting this it has nothing to do with it. Must be a glitch in the computer module.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So they did read a fault code. I think he said weak fuel pressure. But as it’s no longer doing it, they don’t know what to fix or swap out. It would have to do it in front of them. Just hope it doesn’t recur. So far, so good. Thanks all.