Finally getting serious about purchase

What color Scab?

• Leadfoot

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Race Red

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd consider the Raptor a luxury car, but I get the sentiment. In my case if not the Raptor I'd be looking at a F-150 Lariat 4x4, about $50K, so the Raptor is only $13K more.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was taunted on the road today by a race red Screw. I could see it coming from a mile away behind me, but the guy refused to pass me so I could really see the color. My order is already placed for Leadfoot and I still stand by the decision, but that Race Red really popped.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was taunted on the road today by a race red Screw. I could see it coming from a mile away behind me, but the guy refused to pass me so I could really see the color. My order is already placed for Leadfoot and I still stand by the decision, but that Race Red really popped.
That’s happened to me. I had no intention of getting red until I saw one sitting on a lot with a bunch of other colors. I used the local inventory search to see every single color in person and red looked the best.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading and somewhat participating here for a while. I have been ******* over a Super Cab for a couple years. With the potential of the Scab being discontinued after 2020 it’s time to shit or get off the pot. I was at a dealer today that I do some work with and mentioned my desire to the GM. He offered to order me any Raptor I wanted for $1000 over invoice. I had him option out a Scab 802a in leadfoot, my cost is $63K vs the $66.5 MSRP. He told me I’d need to place the order in the next couple weeks before 2020 orders close, so I have time to decide. Out the door with taxes and plates it’d be just over $70K.

The Raptor is a want, not a need, and I’m having a bit of a hard time justifying the cost. I know the smiles per mile factor is high. My current car fleet is well rounded and paid for with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, 2015 VW Touareg TDI, 2015 VW Passat TDI, and 1987 Ford Bronco. I’d sell the Dodge and the Passat so that would put a dent in the Raptor price. I drive my Passat about 20K miles per year but the seat and my back are not getting along, so I want to get back in a truck for comfort. The Raptor would be taking that 20K per year duty. I can afford it without hesitation or impacting my finances other than not paying so much extra on my mortgage each month. I could double pay the Raptor and be done in 3 years if I want.

my advise. don't get the raptor now. pay off your mortgage first. sounds like that won't take you forever.

it's just a truck bro. and guess what, when you are done paying off your home, a newer, better one will be out!

once your house is free and clear then have at it.

this vehicle is the definition of want, not need.

yeah it's a cool truck. but it's just a truck. and an extravagant one at that.

THIS IS A LUXURY AUTO

any of you that disagree are full of shit. there are TONS of brand new trucks out there less than half a raptor's cost that will get from point A to point B just fine.

All I'm saying is. **** DEBT. Unless you absolutely have to owe on something, minimize debt at all costs.

And do you really care who else likes the color of your truck? get what you want.

Last edited:

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading and somewhat participating here for a while. I have been ******* over a Super Cab for a couple years. With the potential of the Scab being discontinued after 2020 it’s time to shit or get off the pot. I was at a dealer today that I do some work with and mentioned my desire to the GM. He offered to order me any Raptor I wanted for $1000 over invoice. I had him option out a Scab 802a in leadfoot, my cost is $63K vs the $66.5 MSRP. He told me I’d need to place the order in the next couple weeks before 2020 orders close, so I have time to decide. Out the door with taxes and plates it’d be just over $70K.

The Raptor is a want, not a need, and I’m having a bit of a hard time justifying the cost. I know the smiles per mile factor is high. My current car fleet is well rounded and paid for with a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, 2015 VW Touareg TDI, 2015 VW Passat TDI, and 1987 Ford Bronco. I’d sell the Dodge and the Passat so that would put a dent in the Raptor price. I drive my Passat about 20K miles per year but the seat and my back are not getting along, so I want to get back in a truck for comfort. The Raptor would be taking that 20K per year duty. I can afford it without hesitation or impacting my finances other than not paying so much extra on my mortgage each month. I could double pay the Raptor and be done in 3 years if I want.
Are you just speculating the scab being discontinued due to sales or has ford hinted at this?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my advise. don't get the raptor now. pay off your mortgage first. sounds like that won't take you forever.

it's just a truck bro. and guess what, when you are done paying off your home, a newer, better one will be out!

once your house is free and clear then have at it.

this vehicle is the definition of want, not need.

yeah it's a cool truck. but it's just a truck. and an extravagant one at that.

THIS IS A LUXURY AUTO

any of you that disagree are full of shit. there are TONS of brand new trucks out there less than half a raptor's cost that will get from point A to point B just fine.

All I'm saying is. **** DEBT. Unless you absolutely have to owe on something, minimize debt at all costs.

And do you really care who else likes the color of your truck? get what you want.

Good advice. I wouldn't be spending $90k on a truck if my house and business wasn't paid off.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you could do a refi and get a truck. Now is a great time to refinance, I did and saved 106k in interest and knocked 10 years off and my payments went up less than $100 a month.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you just speculating the scab being discontinued due to sales or has ford hinted at this?

Speculation on my part, but there was a supposedly leaked 2021 order sheet a few weeks back that didn’t show the SuperCab as an option. The take rate on SuperCab is probably under 10% of production, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped it.

Or you could do a refi and get a truck. Now is a great time to refinance, I did and saved 106k in interest and knocked 10 years off and my payments went up less than $100 a month.

I’ve been paying extra on my mortgage routinely so I can pay it off, I would never finance a truck into the mortgage and pay interest on it for 15 years. On my current 15 year 2.25% refi I’m working on the difference in paying an extra $1000 per month only takes off 2 years on the tail end and doesn’t save me that much in interest. $2250 extra per month would get it down to 10 years. My loan on the Raptor should end up around $42K after I sell my other two vehicles.