Finally getting serious about purchase

What color Scab?

• Leadfoot

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Race Red

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my advise. don't get the raptor now. pay off your mortgage first. sounds like that won't take you forever.

it's just a truck bro. and guess what, when you are done paying off your home, a newer, better one will be out!

once your house is free and clear then have at it.

this vehicle is the definition of want, not need.

yeah it's a cool truck. but it's just a truck. and an extravagant one at that.

THIS IS A LUXURY AUTO

any of you that disagree are full of shit. there are TONS of brand new trucks out there less than half a raptor's cost that will get from point A to point B just fine.

All I'm saying is. **** DEBT. Unless you absolutely have to owe on something, minimize debt at all costs.

And do you really care who else likes the color of your truck? get what you want.

My house couldn’t be paid off for at least 7 years if I put every extra cent into it. I’ve been in a mindset of debt free is the only way for the past 10 years, and I’ve had very little fun as a result. I had a couple of acquaintances pass or have life changing medical issues in the last couple of years that has made me rethink a balanced approach of live for today while planning for tomorrow rather than an all in save for tomorrow attitude.

The Raptor purchase isn’t going to prevent me from retiring when I want to, I’ll probably just have to cut back on gun and ammo spending some. I’m 43, so I’ve got another 20 years of work planned.

I do appreciate your post.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speculation on my part, but there was a supposedly leaked 2021 order sheet a few weeks back that didn’t show the SuperCab as an option. The take rate on SuperCab is probably under 10% of production, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped it.

I’ve been paying extra on my mortgage routinely so I can pay it off, I would never finance a truck into the mortgage and pay interest on it for 15 years. On my current 15 year 2.25% refi I’m working on the difference in paying an extra $1000 per month only takes off 2 years on the tail end and doesn’t save me that much in interest. $2250 extra per month would get it down to 10 years. My loan on the Raptor should end up around $42K after I sell my other two vehicles.
What I meant was doing a refi to drop your interest so you could justify a truck. I wouldn’t add one into an existing mortgage.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant was doing a refi to drop your interest so you could justify a truck. I wouldn’t add one into an existing mortgage.

That makes more sense. I’m refing the house again now to go from 3% to 2.25%, I’m only 3 months into the current 15 year term. My payment will drop $150 per month.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My house couldn’t be paid off for at least 7 years if I put every extra cent into it. I’ve been in a mindset of debt free is the only way for the past 10 years, and I’ve had very little fun as a result. I had a couple of acquaintances pass or have life changing medical issues in the last couple of years that has made me rethink a balanced approach of live for today while planning for tomorrow rather than an all in save for tomorrow attitude.

The Raptor purchase isn’t going to prevent me from retiring when I want to, I’ll probably just have to cut back on gun and ammo spending some. I’m 43, so I’ve got another 20 years of work planned.

I do appreciate your post.

First. Guns and ammo are always a priority!!

Second. then damn the torpedos. roll on down to the nearest ford dealer.

At this point if you don't either outright own your home OR outright own all your current vehicles. you have no business getting a raptor. But we all make our own choices.
Basically other than pure fun vehicles are the ********* investment of all time.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First. Guns and ammo are always a priority!!

Second. then damn the torpedos. roll on down to the nearest ford dealer.

At this point if you don't either outright own your home OR outright own all your current vehicles. you have no business getting a raptor. But we all make our own choices.
Basically other than pure fun vehicles are the ********* investment of all time.

I’ve already ordered the Raptor 12 days ago, so my finances are set on a collision course unless Ford cancels the order ;) I was going to buy some kind of pickup this year, option B was a F-150 Lariat for about $55K out the door, so the Raptor is $15K more.

We currently have no debt other than the 15 year mortgage with about 37% equity in our home in a somewhat expensive area. I outright own our other four vehicles, two of which and my car trailer will be sold to pay down ~$30K of the Raptor’s $70K out the door price. My wife suggested selling three of them and having ~$55K down on the Raptor, but then we’d end up leasing her something else (probably an Outback for $300/mo and $2K down).

Last edited:

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have at least one gun for every year that I've been alive on this planet....AND I've owned a Raptor for the last 4 1/2 years. Shit or get off the pot.