Finally getting serious about purchase

What color Scab?

• Leadfoot

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Race Red

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just test drove a Leadfoot Scab 801a. It was exactly as awesome as I thought it would be, I’m ready to buy. I did think the truck was a little sluggish out of the hole, but it was 106 degrees with the AC cranked and I wasn’t in sport mode. Once it was in boost I was satisfied with the power. I loved the ride and handling, the sales guy was cool with me driving pretty aggressively. The tire pressure monitor was showing 43-45 psi, which I assume is overinflated.

The sales manager told me the factory isn’t taking any more orders on 2020’s due to covid, but it might’ve been a tactic. I need to pick a color and place my order tomorrow with the other dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smurf forgot mention that Well there is no bad color choice black is the best choice.

Black in AZ is a mistake, everything is so dry and dusty it’s impossible to keep clean. The day after it’s washed it looks like a mess again.

Chjeep

Reaction score
2019 super cab owner myself and I have to say it is certainly the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. The supercab length fits in the garage easily, has room for what I need and gives me a little better turning radius. I went with the 802 option pkg as well and am very happy. My only recommendation is to stay away from the recaro upgrade, talking with others who have purchased them, regret the loss of comfort and extra $$.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 super cab owner myself and I have to say it is certainly the most comfortable vehicle I have owned. The supercab length fits in the garage easily, has room for what I need and gives me a little better turning radius. I went with the 802 option pkg as well and am very happy. My only recommendation is to stay away from the recaro upgrade, talking with others who have purchased them, regret the loss of comfort and extra $$.

Thanks for the info. I spent about 45 minutes in the seat of the 801a, it was comfortable and had good knee, head, and shoulder room. The Recaro option is right out for me based on cost alone. I’m also a bugger guy, so if those Recaros have a bigger bolster I wouldn’t fit anyway.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve spent 18 hour days a couple of times in the seat of my 18. Hands down most comfortable vehicle I have ever been in.

Yeah black car in Az is no bueno.

I’d get a terrain wrap. That would be different and sure hide the dust.

D

Deleted member 17706

When I first saw a Leadfoot Raptor in 2018 I fell in love. But since Ford brought it back for 2020, I see way too many of them. It has to be the most common color now outside of white and black.

I just bought a 2020 Race Red in March. A Race Red Raptor is an anomaly on the road. The color is beautiful and changes in its perception like Leadfoot in different lighting situations as it has orange/pink tones to it. I am not a big fan of red unless on exotic vehicles as @atombombmx noted, but this is my fourth Raptor and my favorite color that I have had so far. You can’t go wrong with any Raptor because a Raptor is a Raptor, but the Race Red is the way to go :)