Finally did middle perch...now truck scrapes at 6'8"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally did the middle perch adjustment last weekend. I had Rock and Roll Off Road in Ft. Worth do the job. They did a perfect job and the price was half what the other off road shop wanted. The truck feels and looks much better now.

The only problem is that I now I scrape in the parking garage. I did all the math and thought I would still have clearance since the middle perch does not make it completely level...thus leaving the rear of the truck at the same height it was. The yellow hanging beam at my garage is 6'8", I had a little clearance before the perch (see "Before" pic), and now it just barely scrapes (see "After" pic). Its not enough to scratch the roof, but it still sucks. I'm not sure how the rear went up, but it did. My tires are currently at 42psi (temps dropped). I was hoping to get some General Grabbers but looks like I cant afford the extra height they give.

Before
IMG_2510.png

After
IMG_2614.png

At any rate, I love the look. Here are a few pics from Cars and Coffee...
IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, right now it just scrapes a little...not leaving any permanent scrapes. Luckily it does not scrape anywhere inside the garage, only on the way in.

Sounds like it's time to splurge on an auto deflate/inflate system! ;) :shocked:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same concern with my garage. I have about twice as much room as you do in your first picture. I figure my old Raptor didn't change at all in the rear, so it shouldn't move if I did the adjustment on the new Raptor.

This might have me change my mind.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
not sure how the rear went up, but it did.

Its all math. The front tires are point A, the rear tires are point B. The cab is centered (1/2) over A and B. If you raise the front over point A 2", the cab will raise 1". A=B, A+2B divide by 2, you have 1/2.
Don't you love math?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
time to clear bra the roof lol if you're hitting that thing every day, even if its barely brushing it, it'll eventually mar the paint up.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
get some fat friends and have them get in the truck before you pull in. problem solved! See folks! fat people can be very helpul in your life! :peace:

Bad company

Reaction score
Options?

1. Eat more.
2. Teflon coat the garage door beam.
3. Sand bags to load down the truck coming in and going out.
4. Drive really fast (downforce will lower truck at least 1/8").
5. Rent concrete saw, remove 1/2" off of door frame (covertly, at night)
6. Paint door lintel same color as truck (paint will swap w/o color marking)
7. Anodize top of truck for wear resistance.
8. Grease truck top.
9. Air down tires to 15 psi for entry (takes forever).

Out of ideas.

Oh, return to stock perch.