Finally did middle perch...now truck scrapes at 6'8"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is probably hung by chain. Take some heavy duty zip-ties, double up two of the links in the chain on each side and zip 'em together. It will remove about 3/4 - 1" Problem solved. Except for the guy who comes in with a TALLER vehicle and hangs it on a concrete beam. :D

It's ironic that this thread was posted. I've got my truck scheduled for the mid-perch adjustment by Ford this Friday and I park in a structure at work that has one of those hanging PVC pipe things at the entrance too. I think I'm going to be OK but it's going to suck majorly if I'm wrong.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to double check mine as I left work yesterday. My garage is listed as 6'8" and there's one of those pipes as I'm leaving. Fortunately, it looks like I've got at least an inch to spare.

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses. It seems like the 6'8" beam may be a little low. There is another 6'8" entrance on the opposite side of the building and I tried it with no problem...well, 1/4" of clearance.