Factory Stereo Sound Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Sony stereo is awful. My 2008 Nissan Titan with the Rockford Fosgate system blew this Sony system out of the water. Hearing the stereo cut out when I had the music up with the windows down was the last straw. I did a full on Level 2B with all JL Audio (and 1 Sundown amp) from Noah, and I am happier than a pig in shit. It's not just the thump of the bass (which is awesome), it's the crystal clear sound at any volume that I like.

Then again, I bought this truck for entertainment and I enjoy every second in it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The listening environment inside a vehicle is inescapably poor, and one might expect quite a bit less from a high-powered ground-pounding off-road truck. Those that install exhaust systems that are louder than the factory exhaust should expect still less from an on board stereo system. A high speed off road truck does not seem to be the best place to invest in stereo gear.

I'm going to be 60 in about three weeks. My ears ring all the time. I had a hearing test last week, and it was only the second test I've ever flunked in my life. My hearing drops off at a 45 degree angle beginning at 1000 Hz. I'd never hear the difference if I invested $5K in stereo gear for the Raptor. Even $20K wouldn't make any difference to me.

I'm a dinosaur, that's certain, but dinosaurs aren't necessarily stupid. We just have different priorities. I bought my Raptor for capability, not for entertainment, and capability is where I've invested in upgrades. In the motorcycle world, the sentiment is encapsulated thusly: "Chrome don't get you home." For the Raptor I'd say "Sounds don't get you around."
bad hearing? see, all the more reason to invest in a better audio system.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you upgrade, dont you loose some good features like speed compensation volume, Sync features, etc.?

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I upgraded to Infinity 682.11cf's in all 4 doors...I thought the improvement was well worth the price, that being said I am no audiphile but even I could tell the sound quality was better.