F/S: [Group Buy] Rear Facing Amber Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those little cyclones don't get hot at all.

I'm sure you could add a switch. In of those like on a lamp cord that you rotate. Would cost a bit more. Obviously up to big blue.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

Joe is correct. They give off no heat at all.

As far as Amber placement, its just like an antenna, you want them high, not on your bumper. Dust, mud, dirt, snow will cover bumper placed Ambers in no time.

As far as a On/Off button. You can certainly splice in a switch, I am just making these simple and cost effective. The vast majority of the cost in the the Cyclones which are $29 each.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something similar, which does have a switch. I find it easier to just reach back and unplug it. To use the switch, you need to get out and open the rear door. Just my $.02

Cool. Thanks for the input. I need one of these!

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great another thing to buy but will come in handy and not just for Snoball. I'm in!

Do you have video of the cyclones working and does it light up the interior with the reflection off the window when closed?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Great another thing to buy but will come in handy and not just for Snoball. I'm in!

Do you have video of the cyclones working and does it light up the interior with the reflection off the window when closed?

If it does, I'm sure you can make a shroud for it.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It gives off minimal ambient interior light and when you look in your rear view mirror, you can not see anything which is perfect. I was concerned I would have a constant distraction in the rear view...Nope.

As far as connection, if you wanted to make it permanent, you could always wire to AUX switch too...

I will take a night pic tonight and post.