Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say I've never owned a vehicle with more rattles and squeaks than this frigging truck.

My drivers door has a tiny rattle/squeak that comes and goes. I found that if hit the window down button for a fraction of a second just to reposition the glass it usually stops it.

My dash has a light squeak noise to it that seems to only occur when it's cold out. Sounds like its coming from the center area of the dashboard.

My gear selector also has a squeak/click type noise if I move it around at all. I always drive with my right hand resting on the gear selector, so if I move my hand at all it sounds like a powerwheels toy and not a $50k truck gear selector.

Nothing major, it's about my only gripe with the truck after 12k miles, but I expected better quality for spending $50k.

I have the same squeak in the center of the dash only when it's cold out, so like 8 months out of the year.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's where mine is and usually only hear it when it's cold I'm going in to the dealer next week will ask them to check it out

Sent from my Note2

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've got a rattle directly above my speedometer, and recently developed a squeak right against the windshield on the passenger side of the dash. Not to mention the one that happens when I open my rear slider...not sure if that's the tailgate or the window.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Honestly its no worse than any other truck I had.

It's better than the 2006 GMC 1500 I had. Stuff started breaking off of that. My wife had one of those flimsy plastic interior door handles come off in her hand, and the plastic "visor extension" thing that slid out of the visor to block the sun shattered one day when I flipped the visor up after I used it. Pulled the extension out to find shards of plastic.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Completely agree. My dealer offered to fix the rattle under warranty, but told me it was about 50/50 that it'd just rattle somewhere else when they were done. So of course I passed. It was cool of them to offer it though.

Edit: Oh, noah, that mirror repair is still solid as hell btw.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a little hunk of tin nobody knows what shape it's in. got 4 tires and a running mor it's a 4 door it's a 4 honk honk rattle rattle crash bang bang honk honk, honk honk beep beep.