Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Berky

Reaction score
Mine has recently started the cold rattle and it sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash. I haven noticed that when my climate control is on the AC blows through the front vents, the heat automatically comes out of the defroster. if I change to the front vents the noise goes away.

I don't store anything on the dash, so it is unlikely that something fell down the vent. Since it just started, and rarely gets really cold here I haven't spent much time on it. I might run an inspection cam down the vent to see if there is something hiding down there.

Steiny

Reaction score
My dash has had an annoying rattle for 2 years..... Been back to the dealer several times..... I have completely given up on getting any satisfaction from the dealer...
I also apparently have the most "performance FOX shocks" in the world..... Because mine are louder than everyone else's, but Ford assures me that it's to be expected with Raptor shocks.....

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine started making a faint chattering sound from the dash. It only showed up a few months ago. I never noticed it before. Its not consistent, but more on and off during a trip. Its fkn annoying.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever it was in my dash must have gotten stuck. I haven't heard the rolling around sound since my post.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you find it you'll shit bricks...

118e_noggin_stik.gif