Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have this super annoying rattle that sounds like it's coming from behind my gauge cluster. When I go over small bumps it sounds like marbles rolling around in a soup can. I have tried to pin point it but I cannot. Any thoughts? The best solution I have found it tuning to Liquid Metal and maxing out the volume :(.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dash rattles over bumps towards the center up by the windshield. Mostly when its cold though. I really haven't had the chance to look at it. My worst rattle is in my sub woofer, its annoying as hell. One day I will get around to them.

Reaction score
Mine is rattling too. Seems to be coming from in between the A-pillar and centerline of the instrument cluster. . . but it may be 5.56 casings that have fallen through the defrost vent :Angry:

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Mine is rattling too. Seems to be coming from in between the A-pillar and centerline of the instrument cluster. . . but it may be 5.56 casings that have fallen through the defrost vent :Angry:

yeaah that's what mine is doing... i got used to it

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Hey Birdman I think you said in another post you have a viper remote start in your vehicle? Have you looked to see what it is installed at? Alot of time they are put right under your IC on LH side of steering column. if they are loose at all hitting a bracket underneath could cause a rattle or maybe your marbles are just loose. That was just a thought. I've seen alot of remote starts or anything after market under a dash make rattling noises or even the extra wires they have rattle around if they weren't secured. Guess my next question is how bumpy of road to you need to be on to have it rattle or could it happen driving on pavement? I have searched all of Ford and have found no common reports on newer f-150's at all. If I do come across something that might be helpfull I'll let ya know.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey Birdman I think you said in another post you have a viper remote start in your vehicle? Have you looked to see what it is installed at? Alot of time they are put right under your IC on LH side of steering column. if they are loose at all hitting a bracket underneath could cause a rattle or maybe your marbles are just loose. That was just a thought. I've seen alot of remote starts or anything after market under a dash make rattling noises or even the extra wires they have rattle around if they weren't secured. Guess my next question is how bumpy of road to you need to be on to have it rattle or could it happen driving on pavement? I have searched all of Ford and have found no common reports on newer f-150's at all. If I do come across something that might be helpfull I'll let ya know.

no that wasn't me i don't have a viper. it happens on very small bumps basically all the time.