Dreaded Dash Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Sorry I'm no help. Only other thing I found is there is a tsb for the foam seal detaching between lower part of windshield and instrument panel which could cause a rattle. Its for vehicle built before 10/7/2010 if that helps

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can say I've never owned a vehicle with more rattles and squeaks than this frigging truck.

My drivers door has a tiny rattle/squeak that comes and goes. I found that if hit the window down button for a fraction of a second just to reposition the glass it usually stops it.

My dash has a light squeak noise to it that seems to only occur when it's cold out. Sounds like its coming from the center area of the dashboard.

My gear selector also has a squeak/click type noise if I move it around at all. I always drive with my right hand resting on the gear selector, so if I move my hand at all it sounds like a powerwheels toy and not a $50k truck gear selector.

Nothing major, it's about my only gripe with the truck after 12k miles, but I expected better quality for spending $50k.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about a windshield creek? my windshield flexes and sounds like cats are walking up and down it when ever i park the truck? so annoying !

oh and my volant intake rattles my dash ... whats up with that

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y'all guys never spent too much time driving around in a freight shaker I take it? :rofl:

Raptors is quiet... Trust Me! ;-)

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting to read everyone's experiences. No rattles yet for me and it's fairly abused.