Dealers not mentioning allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zelrick

Reaction score
When I spoke with Ford Performance last week, I asked what possible reasons there could be that a dealer wouldn't know their available allocations. I believe it was Anthony or Matthew I spoke with who said that it's possible depending on dealership size in the area, the Zone Rep may not actually issue allocations to individual dealerships specifically but will assign allocations as orders come in.

Not sure if it's true but it mirrored what my dealer has alluded to with me. They're a small-town dealer in a region that's not super populated that just so happens to move a lot of FP vehicles.

Guess I'll find out more, my buddy who was #1 in line got a vin last week. I'm #2 behind him. We both got the 37 package.

Similar to what I was told by my dealer, they only had 2 "21" allocations, but sometimes when they put an order in it will get picked up. At worst I will be #1 for a 22, at best I'll get a vin in the next few weeks. The order was accepted by Ford, if that means anything.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar to what I was told by my dealer, they only had 2 "21" allocations, but sometimes when they put an order in it will get picked up. At worst I will be #1 for a 22, at best I'll get a vin in the next few weeks. The order was accepted by Ford, if that means anything.
Not sure that is how this works. The dealership will know exactly how many allocations they have, including the number for 35s and 37s. No order placed after those allocations are used will take. The story they are telling you doesn't add up. I would want to verify that you are at the top of the list for MY22 allocations (assuming they even get one).

Zelrick

Reaction score
Not sure that is how this works. The dealership will know exactly how many allocations they have, including the number for 35s and 37s. No order placed after those allocations are used will take. The story they are telling you doesn't add up. I would want to verify that you are at the top of the list for MY22 allocations (assuming they even get one).
I have verified that I am #1 for 22, if I don't get a 21.

I've worked with these guys on several vehicles and they haven't upset me yet, so I don't have any reason to think they are lying to me. I am keeping my eyes open though, if I see one like I want available at MSRP, I'll snag it, where ever it is.

mike91

Reaction score
Sometimes stores will get extra allocations later in the production run for that model year. Given the short run for 21 and current logistics, not an option for 21s but it happens