Dealers not mentioning allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwill

Reaction score
When I contact dealers and ask about their allocation, these are the typical responses I get:

• "We have no allocations left. Sorry"
  • "We have one allocation and can place an order." (Sometimes they can provide estimated build week)
  • "We're not aware of any allocation limits. We can place an order"
Has anyone been seen/heard the last response mentioned?

I cannot tell if this is good news or if I should stay away because they probably have nothing to offer and my order will marinate for months. Any information helps.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to #1 nor #2, but I can for #3. This same thing happened to me.

I had a dealer tell me there are no allocations. They said they could order as many as they want. When it came down to order, they were only given two allocations, one 35 and one 37.

If a dealer tells you there is no allocation limit, they are wrong. They either have no clue what their allocation is, or they have zero.

OP
OP
jwill

jwill

Reaction score
I can't speak to #1 nor #2, but I can for #3. This same thing happened to me.

I had a dealer tell me there are no allocations. They said they could order as many as they want. When it came down to order, they were only given two allocations, one 35 and one 37.

If a dealer tells you there is no allocation limit, they are wrong. They either have no clue what their allocation is, or they have zero.

Thanks @planetMalojne! Just what I had suspected. This helps me narrow down my search and not waste my time.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 1 and 2 are truthful. If you're talking to someone who tells you #3 then you need a new salesperson.

tedthebear

Reaction score
I had a small dealer basically tell me #3 after claiming they checked with their local rep…called FP today and apparently my order is in the system, unscheduled but it’s there. Go figure. Maybe it’ll get bumped to 2022.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a small dealer basically tell me #3 after claiming they checked with their local rep…called FP today and apparently my order is in the system, unscheduled but it’s there. Go figure. Maybe it’ll get bumped to 2022.
Lol, just because a salesperson doesn't understand how allocations work doesn't mean that he didn't get lucky and have one anyway.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this same thing happen to me. I later checked to make sure and I'm in the system. Thats a start at least I guess, thank goodness. Now the waiting game...

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had 3 allocations 1 being a 37. I was their 4th order. I ordered a 37. They were up front with me and said we may get lucky and get additional allocation(s) like we did with the Mustang GT500 or we may not. If we don’t you’ll get the first ‘22 we get. I placed my order. Although I’d like to get it immediately I don’t have to be the first one to get it. I can wait. I have a priority 14 and my dealer has told me it’s still unscheduled in their system. The way I see it is December is best case scenario. March is worst.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and ordered my 6th Raptor at invoice. Have Bronco ordered that will eventually be my son's but who knows when that will come in.
Anyways, bought a ton from this dealer. He had no allocations when I texted him on 7/9, but said he would email the area Ford rep and let her know I have bought a few and see if that swayed her. It worked. Got confirmation on the 12th that it was accepted. Tried to switch the cooler today and she emailed back that he couldn't since it was already scheduled. All good. Hope to get it before end of year.