Deal or No deal - Real world ADM - Being Transparent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably order a 2022 with the 37 package from someone else. I think you'll have more luck finding one without ADM for the 2022s.

Also, always get the deal in writing from a dealer. Agreements are worthless without the paper.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of principle alone, I’d walk away. Call Chris Volk at Klaben Ford in Kent, Ohio. Although not 37”, I got an MSRP allocation. (BTW I bought my 2019 Raptor from Chris).

I might trying and talk to Ford about this. It might be useless, but I don't think they like dealers changing the price on customers once they are committed like this. If you walk away, you're like going to have to wait till the next round or longer to get the price you want.

The more I hear about these stories, not just the pricing negotiations but the stress of waiting and delays, I'm glad I'm not buying right now.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably order a 2022 with the 37 package from someone else. I think you'll have more luck finding one without ADM for the 2022s.

Also, always get the deal in writing from a dealer. Agreements are worthless without the paper.
Depends on the dealer. I have never signed anything with my dealer on any order, stock unit, or locate. Always been invoice. Same deal for everyone that walks in the door.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Your lease/trade is a little confusing. If the buyout $37k, and market value is $43k, then you have some positive equity there. Were you just giving this to the dealer, which gives them essential $6k above MSRP right there, or would able to apply the profit from that deal to lower the cost of a new Raptor below MSRP?

Either way, I don't think it was really wise to look at this as a single deal. I get that it needs to be for tax purposes, but I would have negotiate the sale price of the Raptor, and told them you'll decide on the trade value of your existing f150 when it's time, to make sure it's done with fair market value. My guess is that they are getting a lot of profit off your trade in, and this whole endeavor is just to squeeze a little bit more out of you and make you feel like you're lucky to have this deal so you don't back out of it.

As far as them asking for the bed cover, I would have said no. If it's worth $500 to them, then maybe I give them $500 and keep my cover...since it will surely cost you more to replace it.
The buyout is $37k at the end of the lease, which means I owe $37k + $4600 (unpaid payments remaining) = $43600. Deduct 2 payments I made so far, and that is $42,450.

100% correct on the market value. I was thinking of selling to Carmax etc as I did that a few years ago, however due to Ford's leasing agreement recently changed I can not sell to a 3rd party. I called Carmax and Carvana and both said they can NOT buy out a Ford Lease. So if I want to try and make some money, I would have to buy it in my name and pay taxes, or more confusing, find a buyer on my own, arrange them to agree to a price, me pay the taxes, they pay me back, wait for title, transfer title etc. Just too much work and could take month. My sister inlaw just made $3k selling her Audi to Carmax, but took months to get title due to covid. I want to walk away.

Last edited:

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree the two deals are separate. If the trade in is worth more that's money that is being left on the table. It seems odd they wouldn't commit to a price when you ordered it. It's like buying a house and having the price change at closing. Remember it's still a deprecating asset.

OP
OP
gobluejd

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I tend to agree the two deals are separate. If the trade in is worth more that's money that is being left on the table. It seems odd they wouldn't commit to a price when you ordered it. It's like buying a house and having the price change at closing. Remember it's still a deprecating asset.
In my situation, I wanted out of my lease without the hassle of all the BS associated with me purchasing, etc. Not to mind you if I bought it for the what I could buy it today for, it would have been 6 payments @ $575, plus the $37k = $40450 + 7% sales tax = $43282. Not worth it to me.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am perfectly fine with my deal, as some will be paying way more than I have. Not walking away or re-ordering.
I think this is all that matters. There will be a lot of people paying ADM and some that won't. Everybody's situation is different and what's right for one person isn't for the other.

DMM_78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my situation, I wanted out of my lease without the hassle of all the BS associated with me purchasing, etc. Not to mind you if I bought it for the what I could buy it today for, it would have been 6 payments @ $575, plus the $37k = $40450 + 7% sales tax = $43282. Not worth it to me.
I would check the value at Carvana or another dealer. The sales tax doesn't matter if a dealer buys it, there are two separate pay offs. So if the pay off is 37K and a dealer pays 41K you'll get 4K.