Cycle Ranch 2012 - This was short course Raptor heaven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.... last two weeks in july look good.. no kids!!

Per owner, extended and revised Baja track should be finished by then I think. I got the impression it would go from 1 mile to maybe 2+ miles. Some more straight aways and a little sand. If he fixes the whoops we thought were not really suited for the Raptor I think you would be on the gas most of the time. Fun. JTRATX may have some additional insight.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great little track!

Capture.png

That is the MX track. I would like to see you drive it!

Slide down to the south for the quad/truck track. And the empty field more to the east is where the extended track will run (if I understood their plans correctly).

FYI, JTRATX and I both took a ride in a RZR on the truck track. Damn that was fun. I am seriously considering buying a RZR. Hang time is crazy off the big table top. Landed so softly - very different than dropping our 3 ton bricks out of the sky. I would run a couple laps in the raptor and then probably spend the rest of the day in the RZR. Blasphemy I know. But crazy fun.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per owner, extended and revised Baja track should be finished by then I think. I got the impression it would go from 1 mile to maybe 2+ miles. Some more straight aways and a little sand. If he fixes the whoops we thought were not really suited for the Raptor I think you would be on the gas most of the time. Fun. JTRATX may have some additional insight.

George from Cycle ranch said they were going to be re doing the track Mamba and I drove on and also do an extension to make it longer. It's supposed to be done in the next few weeks.

When I get the call from George that it's done, Mamba and I are definitely going back.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I was thinking the same thing.... last two weeks in july look good.. no kids!!

You guys should come down, don't worry about the heat in July, we ran with the windows up and the A/C blasting.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

FYI, JTRATX and I both took a ride in a RZR on the truck track. Damn that was fun. I am seriously considering buying a RZR. Hang time is crazy off the big table top. Landed so softly - very different than dropping our 3 ton bricks out of the sky. I would run a couple laps in the raptor and then probably spend the rest of the day in the RZR. Blasphemy I know. But crazy fun.

Mamba and I got a ride from a 13 year old who drove the **** out of that RZR. He went full speed into the table top and I about shit my pants on how much air we got and how long we were in the air. The landing was like riding on pillows, waaay different than the Raptor landing. I can see why they are so popular.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that place is 45 min from me. ive always wanted to go, but been out of town during the TORC stuff. all of my employees go though. if we ever put together a raptor run there, i maybe able to do some stuff.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that place is 45 min from me. ive always wanted to go, but been out of town during the TORC stuff. all of my employees go though. if we ever put together a raptor run there, i maybe able to do some stuff.

No excuses now. I am lucky it is a 3 hour drive - otherwise I would be there all the time.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

A few more pics. A boring one of me, but I just like it. My passenger is the owner/manager. The others are some more of my favorites of JTRATX, including some pretty cool sequence shots.

IMG_1542.jpg

3 ... 2 ... 1

IMG_1574.jpg

Liftoff!

IMG_1575.jpg

Rt. Front Tire: "Oh #$%*!!!". A similar landing cost me my fender liner and a bunch of flare tabs.

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member