Cycle Ranch 2012 - This was short course Raptor heaven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So JTRATX suggested we try out Cycle Ranch (near Floresville, Texas about 30 miles south of San Antonio). A MX track but it recently started hosting TORC series races on its short Baja/quad track (search YouTube for Cycle Ranch and TORC Series - amazing to see the Pro Lite trucks tear this place up). Next TORC race is in September I believe.

Anyway, very glad we went. Great place. Spoke with the owner and he is working to extend the track, etc. He even took several laps with both of us and said he would work on the areas of the track that were not Raptor friendly. Very interested in our opinions and definitely wanting to get more trucks on the track. They have camper hook ups, etc. $25 per day to just run the track. Now that we have seen it and driven it, I would say we both recommend it.

Anyway, some teaser pics are below. More pics and Go Pro videos to follow.

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Last edited:

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Mamba said, what a cool place to take your truck. The track isn't nearly as tough on tires as the Raptor Run was. The track COULD be relatively easy on your truck it you didn't take jumps and whoops very hard.

I should have some video up tonight and there is some pretty funny commentary from taking the cycle ranch manager on a ride along. Stay tuned...

OH, and thank god Mamba and I had the RPG rear bump kit on the rear end, it would've been catastrophic for the rear frame if we didn't have those.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Approx. 250 pics to go thru. So many great shots. I will probably just post a link to photobucket one day. But here are a few more. JTRATX can really slide his truck thru the turns. And the two of mine are from the back straightaway, which has a smaller table top.

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet!
It is nice to be able to run the track over and over again to get the feel for how the truck does. Then you can run it a bit harder each time around.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet!
It is nice to be able to run the track over and over again to get the feel for how the truck does. Then you can run it a bit harder each time around.

Agreed. Learned a ton yesterday about how to drive the truck. Would like to see how your Stage 4 set up would handle the big table top.