I convinced my wife that buying a new raptor was a responsible decision. All hail the king.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am pleased to share my greatest marital triumph to date, convincing my wife that my buying a new raptor was responsible. Sharing my process below for other men who may seek Valhalla:

Place (no money down) pre-order on Porsche. Any sports car will do but make sure it's a two seater, this is key.

I have a not-so-stellar track record with owning fast things (BMW M3 almost cost me my license) but even if you do not, I'm sure it won't be a stretch to convince your wife of the same. This is a forum dedicated to adults who buy big expensive toys after all...SHE SEES YOU!

Start planting seeds of hesitancy about the implications of having yet another vehicle to insure, maintain, etc. She will extol your virtue as a responsible man.

Watch the movie inception again...this is the sauce. Now casually start planting raptor seeds and positioning the reasons why one vehicle, a truck no less, is perfect for the commonplace American burb-dwelling dad that you are.

Let her do the rest. You are now a hero for canceling your sports car order. Boom.

Anyway....yea, so I got a new raptor. Pleased to meet my fellow overgrown children and excited to join the forum! 20230430_200344.jpg

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well played sir. I’ll have you know I convinced my wife that buying 2 Raptors in less than a week( I did have to give up my Porsche) was a good idea. Since “ her” Gen 3 cost 30K more than my lowly Gen 2 SCAB, I now have at least a 30K mod budget that’s getting used up quickly, it seems I’m working on it more than I’m driving it.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 40

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pleased to share my greatest marital triumph to date, convincing my wife that my buying a new raptor was responsible. Sharing my process below for other men who may seek Valhalla:

Place (no money down) pre-order on Porsche. Any sports car will do but make sure it's a two seater, this is key.

I have a not-so-stellar track record with owning fast things (BMW M3 almost cost me my license) but even if you do not, I'm sure it won't be a stretch to convince your wife of the same. This is a forum dedicated to adults who buy big expensive toys after all...SHE SEES YOU!

Start planting seeds of hesitancy about the implications of having yet another vehicle to insure, maintain, etc. She will extol your virtue as a responsible man.

Watch the movie inception again...this is the sauce. Now casually start planting raptor seeds and positioning the reasons why one vehicle, a truck no less, is perfect for the commonplace American burb-dwelling dad that you are.

Let her do the rest. You are now a hero for canceling your sports car order. Boom.

Anyway....yea, so I got a new raptor. Pleased to meet my fellow overgrown children and excited to join the forum! View attachment 405848
You could sell a ketchup popsicle to a nun with white gloves