I convinced my wife that buying a new raptor was a responsible decision. All hail the king.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I was at the dealership trading my Mustang in on my 2013 FX2 and called her and let her know. Then when I wanted a Mustang I told her and she said you're gonna do it anyway so why talk to me...so I did. She makes 70K and I make around 100K so we pretty much do what we want with our money. But I understand talking out big money buys as a family.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I am pleased to share my greatest marital triumph to date, convincing my wife that my buying a new raptor was responsible. Sharing my process below for other men who may seek Valhalla:

Place (no money down) pre-order on Porsche. Any sports car will do but make sure it's a two seater, this is key.

I have a not-so-stellar track record with owning fast things (BMW M3 almost cost me my license) but even if you do not, I'm sure it won't be a stretch to convince your wife of the same. This is a forum dedicated to adults who buy big expensive toys after all...SHE SEES YOU!

Start planting seeds of hesitancy about the implications of having yet another vehicle to insure, maintain, etc. She will extol your virtue as a responsible man.

Watch the movie inception again...this is the sauce. Now casually start planting raptor seeds and positioning the reasons why one vehicle, a truck no less, is perfect for the commonplace American burb-dwelling dad that you are.

Let her do the rest. You are now a hero for canceling your sports car order. Boom.

Anyway....yea, so I got a new raptor. Pleased to meet my fellow overgrown children and excited to join the forum! View attachment 405848
Rookie.

Me: "Mary, both '22 Raptors I ordered are both getting built after all. Do you want one of them. We can sell your car for good money."

Mary: "Sounds nice dear, yes."

Only downside, I wish I would not have ordered both in the same color. She's had hers for 8 months and loves it. Way cheaper than the new Escalade she was set on, so that's nice.

I was kidding with the "rookie" comment. Nice outline for success.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rookie.

Me: "Mary, both '22 Raptors I ordered are both getting built after all. Do you want one of them. We can sell your car for good money."

Mary: "Sounds nice dear, yes."

Only downside, I wish I would not have ordered both in the same color. She's had hers for 8 months and loves it. Way cheaper than the new Escalade she was set on, so that's nice.

I was kidding with the "rookie" comment. Nice outline for success.
LOL...sounds straight out the 50's...like I evisioned Samantha Stevens from Bewitched saying it. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Oh my God this thread gets even better lol...

The Porsche thing is 100% true (except that I didn't actually cancel the order ) but the way it really went down was...

I left and said I'm going to look at this truck.
I purchased said truck.
She sent me a txt asking about a large purchase transaction.
I said yea, I'm a child and bought a Tonka truck but you already knew that.
She said yes, Hope it brings you joy but no more tickets.

She's the real legend lol.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*scratch head* People have to convince their spouse to make purchases? I just suggest it, she says "ok", we move on.

willywilson

Reaction score
I did the exact same playbook, although not totally intentional. Had a M4 on order and this would have been a 3rd car. The rest is history.