Current ‘19 raptor owner…selling it this year…what should I replace it with…37 raptor, TRX or F250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
So I’ve had my truck for 4 years and have loved it. Looking to sell it this year (business write off) and getting a new one. Trying to decide what I should get. I haven’t had a chance to test drive anything…purchasing is still a few months off. Just starting my initial research. I tow our boat quite a bit (about 6k lbs) and the raptor does ok but it’ definitely knows its back there and the squat is pretty bad. So just trying to wonder if I should switch things up. I love my raptor though and the way it drives as a daily. So just wondering what y’all would do? Anyone have experience with these other rides?

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I went from a 2020 Raptor to a 2021 TRX, so my vote is pretty obvious.

That said, what do you need/want out of your next truck? A Raptor on 37’s probably isn’t going to tow any better than your current Raptor. The F250 is going to pull better, but the ride is going to be a lot firmer.

I love my TRX, but if fuel economy is a concern of yours, the TRX may not be the best choice. The power is there, and it tows our pontoon boat better than the Raptor did. The ride quality is similar to the Raptor, but you do feel the extra weight in sharp corners at speed. It’s not bad, you just notice it. That said, from 0-60 there isn’t much on the road that will beat you from a dig, and highway on ramps are a blast.

If there are specific TRX questions I can answer, let me know.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score

That said, what do you need/want out of your next truck? A Raptor on 37’s probably isn’t going to tow any better than your current Raptor. The F250 is going to pull better, but the ride is going to be a lot firmer.

I love my TRX, but if fuel economy is a concern of yours, the TRX may not be the best choice. The power is there, and it tows our pontoon boat better than the Raptor did. The ride quality is similar to the Raptor, but you do feel the extra weight in sharp corners at speed. It’s not bad, you just notice it. That said, from 0-60 there isn’t much on the road that will beat you from a dig, and highway on ramps are a blast.

Wow can’t believe infound a current trx owner in these forums.
First, do you do anything to compensate for the squat when pulling your boat? (Ie airbags, different hitch…)?
So the main negative difference is how it handles in corners and gas. Anything else? Dimensions about the same? Will you get another trx after this one or go back to raptor? Thanks

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
F150/F250 Tremor.
Thanks. Yeh an f150 tremor probably makes the most sense. But after having a raptor and that wide stance…hard to pass up. If I went just regular f150, would prob be either platinum or king ranch and just do a basic lift and bigger tires. It would be. Ice to have more towing capacity and payload. Anyone on here have a 250? Would like to find someone who went from a raptor to a 250 and how they compare.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
There was someone who went from a Raptor to F250. Name escapes me, hopefully they chime in.

You can always add a wide body kit, fenders and new wheel offset, to get the Raptor "look." People in F150s do it all the time.

I went from a 2016 F350 6.7 to a 2018 Raptor. Love the truck, but can't compare them. Two different uses. I ended up picking up a OBS 7.3 for truck stuff, and daily driving. Raptor is for Starbucks runs only.

I recommend the Tremor due to more offroad fun than their standard counterparts.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hows she handle in the ‘bucks parking lot?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was someone who went from a Raptor to F250. Name escapes me, hopefully they chime in.

You can always add a wide body kit, fenders and new wheel offset, to get the Raptor "look." People in F150s do it all the time.

I went from a 2016 F350 6.7 to a 2018 Raptor. Love the truck, but can't compare them. Two different uses. I ended up picking up a OBS 7.3 for truck stuff, and daily driving. Raptor is for Starbucks runs only.

I recommend the Tremor due to more offroad fun than their standard counterparts.
How about a f250 (7.3 variant ) with a blower on it?