Current ‘19 raptor owner…selling it this year…what should I replace it with…37 raptor, TRX or F250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Hey still haven’t made a decision yet. I was hoping there would be some f250’s on lots near me to look at but there’s hardly any, and definitely no platinums with tremor package. Seems like there’s none available anywhere. Any updated thoughts on comparing these vehicles? Anyone have any news on 2024 models? Not sure if there’s any changes for towing. Thanks

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Just a few Raptor vs TRX size/weight differences:
-The Raptor is 86” wide, while the TRX is 88” wide
-The Raptor is 232” long, while the TRX is 233” long
-The Raptor weighs around 5,700lbs, the TRX is around 6,300lbs.

As far as another Raptor or TRX, I lean towards TRX if replacing this truck with one of those options. That said, I’m not sure I’d buy another Raptor or TRX. A 2023 TRX optioned like my 2021 is around $100,000 (my 2021 stickered for $85,000 and I paid $79,000 which included a 7yr/75k warranty). Prior to my Raptor I had a 2012 Power Wagon, and I think I’d go new Power Wagon or maybe F250 Tremor with the 7.3 Gas Motor.

On day to day driving, the Raptor and the TRX handle pretty similar. You don’t really notice any differences until you drive aggressively. The Hellcat Platform in this truck is fantastic. You’re talking a full size truck on 35’s that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds time after time. Now throw both trucks into a corner at speed, and the Raptor is more nimble. If you’re going to do a lot of desert running and sand dunes, the extra weight may be a problem.

For me the TRX fits my wants and needs better. The supercharger whine even at slow speeds is awesome, and to me the truck is more fun. My use for the truck is 90% daily driver pavement pounder. My off roading consists of forest service roads and such (no deserts in Montana).

Both trucks squat similarly regarding the pontoon boat, but the extra HP gets the load moving better. I also think the extra weight of the TRX makes the truck feel more confident.

Same boat behind the Raptor and the TRX. Just using a standard hitch.

View attachment 387997
Thank you again for your great feedback. Still having a tough time making a decision. Wish these things were easy to go test drive ha. I'm not really that worried about it...I know all these trucks are great! Sounds like it's going to be impossible to order either a trx 24 or a raptor 37...unless you want to pay over msrp. right now i'm on a list for both trx and raptor but sounds like it might not happen with either in '24

ziggy2022

Reaction score
Thank you again for your great feedback. Still having a tough time making a decision. Wish these things were easy to go test drive ha. I'm not really that worried about it...I know all these trucks are great! Sounds like it's going to be impossible to order either a trx 24 or a raptor 37...unless you want to pay over msrp. right now i'm on a list for both trx and raptor but sounds like it might not happen with either in '24
Something totally different - you could grab whatever trim F-150 with the 5.0 coyote and work with Paxpower out of Texas to basically turn it into a Raptor R. There are downsides and upsides to going that route, but people that do sure seem happy about it. There are plenty of vids on YouTube about it. You just wouldn’t have the 5 link rear suspension, but some say that’s almost an advantage. I don’t know enough to have an educated opinion whether or not that’s true. I’ve thought about that route myself; as I enjoy a nice interior, but I do have a ‘24 “base” Raptor on order. My concern is 100k warranty and long distance comfort in all conditions. Had a 2020 F-250 6.7 Tremor. Should’ve never traded out of it, but convinced myself I needed to downsize since we’ve settled in the Bay Area of California after travel nursing for 5 years. I got a ‘23 Porsche Macan GTS that I waited 7 months for after doing an early trade-in of the truck because I was worried about value going down. The Macan really is amazing around town and just a blast to drive, but I didn’t realize just how much I need a truck for “truck stuff”, but I wanted something fun as a daily. Just taking the dogs to the vet is an ordeal now. Then there are unexpected Home Depot runs and the like. Moreover what made me decide to order the new Raptor was driving from here to Vancouver BC. Holy crap the Macan is NOT good for long distance comfort. I was wrecked after 8 hours in that thing. Super supportive and comfortable around town and for maybe a 2 hour drive, but man - my lower back and left hip were screaming after 5 hours. That’s never been the case in even my wife’s 4Runner TRD Pro; let alone the F-250. I also hope I’m making the right decision. I would go the Paxpower route, but I know me - I need the longest Ford warranty for piece of mind; although they do a great job from what I can see.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Something totally different - you could grab whatever trim F-150 with the 5.0 coyote and work with Paxpower out of Texas to basically turn it into a Raptor R. There are downsides and upsides to going that route, but people that do sure seem happy about it. There are plenty of vids on YouTube about it. You just wouldn’t have the 5 link rear suspension, but some say that’s almost an advantage. I don’t know enough to have an educated opinion whether or not that’s true. I’ve thought about that route myself; as I enjoy a nice interior, but I do have a ‘24 “base” Raptor on order. My concern is 100k warranty and long distance comfort in all conditions. Had a 2020 F-250 6.7 Tremor. Should’ve never traded out of it, but convinced myself I needed to downsize since we’ve settled in the Bay Area of California after travel nursing for 5 years. I got a ‘23 Porsche Macan GTS that I waited 7 months for after doing an early trade-in of the truck because I was worried about value going down. The Macan really is amazing around town and just a blast to drive, but I didn’t realize just how much I need a truck for “truck stuff”, but I wanted something fun as a daily. Just taking the dogs to the vet is an ordeal now. Then there are unexpected Home Depot runs and the like. Moreover what made me decide to order the new Raptor was driving from here to Vancouver BC. Holy crap the Macan is NOT good for long distance comfort. I was wrecked after 8 hours in that thing. Super supportive and comfortable around town and for maybe a 2 hour drive, but man - my lower back and left hip were screaming after 5 hours. That’s never been the case in even my wife’s 4Runner TRD Pro; let alone the F-250. I also hope I’m making the right decision. I would go the Paxpower route, but I know me - I need the longest Ford warranty for piece of mind; although they do a great job from what I can see.
that's interesting! Might look into that. I tend to like stock stuff but I'll check it out. Yeh I've driven in a few macans...lol f250 tremor to macan gts ...can't be too many out there that made that transition! pretty stiff suspension!