Current ‘19 raptor owner…selling it this year…what should I replace it with…37 raptor, TRX or F250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If 6000lbs is the most you’d ever need to tow I’d probably go TRX with the value of them dropping you can get a decent deal. I had a TRX for an entire day and really enjoyed it but wouldn’t pay more to have one over my Raptor.

Raptor makes a better daily driver imo. TRX for a fun weekend truck.

Boss has a new F350 diesel and it’s such a beast but overkill unless you actually need the payload and towing capacity.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Wow can’t believe infound a current trx owner in these forums.
First, do you do anything to compensate for the squat when pulling your boat? (Ie airbags, different hitch…)?
So the main negative difference is how it handles in corners and gas. Anything else? Dimensions about the same? Will you get another trx after this one or go back to raptor? Thanks
Just a few Raptor vs TRX size/weight differences:
-The Raptor is 86” wide, while the TRX is 88” wide
-The Raptor is 232” long, while the TRX is 233” long
-The Raptor weighs around 5,700lbs, the TRX is around 6,300lbs.

As far as another Raptor or TRX, I lean towards TRX if replacing this truck with one of those options. That said, I’m not sure I’d buy another Raptor or TRX. A 2023 TRX optioned like my 2021 is around $100,000 (my 2021 stickered for $85,000 and I paid $79,000 which included a 7yr/75k warranty). Prior to my Raptor I had a 2012 Power Wagon, and I think I’d go new Power Wagon or maybe F250 Tremor with the 7.3 Gas Motor.

On day to day driving, the Raptor and the TRX handle pretty similar. You don’t really notice any differences until you drive aggressively. The Hellcat Platform in this truck is fantastic. You’re talking a full size truck on 35’s that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds time after time. Now throw both trucks into a corner at speed, and the Raptor is more nimble. If you’re going to do a lot of desert running and sand dunes, the extra weight may be a problem.

For me the TRX fits my wants and needs better. The supercharger whine even at slow speeds is awesome, and to me the truck is more fun. My use for the truck is 90% daily driver pavement pounder. My off roading consists of forest service roads and such (no deserts in Montana).

Both trucks squat similarly regarding the pontoon boat, but the extra HP gets the load moving better. I also think the extra weight of the TRX makes the truck feel more confident.

Same boat behind the Raptor and the TRX. Just using a standard hitch.

CCE0552C-721F-45A1-88DF-62A2D5F09E88.jpeg

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen 3 37 all the way. no comparison to a gen2 inregards to quality or towing

Attachments

• 382D919F-F7E3-43E4-888B-B86F2D9EDCE2.jpeg
    382D919F-F7E3-43E4-888B-B86F2D9EDCE2.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 48

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a few Raptor vs TRX size/weight differences:
-The Raptor is 86” wide, while the TRX is 88” wide
-The Raptor is 232” long, while the TRX is 233” long
-The Raptor weighs around 5,700lbs, the TRX is around 6,300lbs.

As far as another Raptor or TRX, I lean towards TRX if replacing this truck with one of those options. That said, I’m not sure I’d buy another Raptor or TRX. A 2023 TRX optioned like my 2021 is around $100,000 (my 2021 stickered for $85,000 and I paid $79,000 which included a 7yr/75k warranty). Prior to my Raptor I had a 2012 Power Wagon, and I think I’d go new Power Wagon or maybe F250 Tremor with the 7.3 Gas Motor.

On day to day driving, the Raptor and the TRX handle pretty similar. You don’t really notice any differences until you drive aggressively. The Hellcat Platform in this truck is fantastic. You’re talking a full size truck on 35’s that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds time after time. Now throw both trucks into a corner at speed, and the Raptor is more nimble. If you’re going to do a lot of desert running and sand dunes, the extra weight may be a problem.

For me the TRX fits my wants and needs better. The supercharger whine even at slow speeds is awesome, and to me the truck is more fun. My use for the truck is 90% daily driver pavement pounder. My off roading consists of forest service roads and such (no deserts in Montana).

Both trucks squat similarly regarding the pontoon boat, but the extra HP gets the load moving better. I also think the extra weight of the TRX makes the truck feel more confident.

Same boat behind the Raptor and the TRX. Just using a standard hitch.

View attachment 387997

If ya want to trade that silver TRX for a silver Gen3 let’s talk

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
gen 3 37 all the way. no comparison to a gen2 inregards to quality or towing
Interesting. Can you expound on that? What year did you have? I would have thought the 37’s would have less power. How does it differ ? Thanks!

RdR2027

Reaction score
I have driven F 250 FX4's beginning in 2007 until 2020 at work for a back country sheriff's office. Had a total of 5 over the years putting over 100k on each one. These were gas not diesel trucks. They all performed very well off road and excelled in a towing heavy jet boat and several heavy trailers. I don't have any experience with the Raptor yet, but I would expect the F 250 to be much better in towing.