Current ‘19 raptor owner…selling it this year…what should I replace it with…37 raptor, TRX or F250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was someone who went from a Raptor to F250. Name escapes me, hopefully they chime in.

You can always add a wide body kit, fenders and new wheel offset, to get the Raptor "look." People in F150s do it all the time.

I went from a 2016 F350 6.7 to a 2018 Raptor. Love the truck, but can't compare them. Two different uses. I ended up picking up a OBS 7.3 for truck stuff, and daily driving. Raptor is for Starbucks runs only.

I recommend the Tremor due to more offroad fun than their standard counterparts.
I went from a 2017 F250 6.7 to a 2019 Raptor (with a Range Rover supercharged in between) back to a 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 (with an E63 AMG in between lol). I love them all but in different ways. The Raptor is more agile and a smoother ride. The F250 has a bigger bed which for me is important. Also I love the sound of the engine. The V6 Raptor just didnt do it for me. Even the Range Rover sounded better! The 17 I tuned with PPEI, deleted the emissions and added a 5" exhaust. Had 700hp and 1000tq. Raptor had a Cobb tune. The new F250 I havent modded yet. Plan is 3.5" Carli pintop and 18's with 37's. I havent taken the 250 off roading yet but in Florida there arent many difficult trails. When I get bored of the 250 maybe I will get the R a few years down the road.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I went from a 2017 F250 6.7 to a 2019 Raptor (with a Range Rover supercharged in between) back to a 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7 (with an E63 AMG in between lol). I love them all but in different ways. The Raptor is more agile and a smoother ride. The F250 has a bigger bed which for me is important. Also I love the sound of the engine. The V6 Raptor just didnt do it for me. Even the Range Rover sounded better! The 17 I tuned with PPEI, deleted the emissions and added a 5" exhaust. Had 700hp and 1000tq. Raptor had a Cobb tune. The new F250 I havent modded yet. Plan is 3.5" Carli pintop and 18's with 37's. I havent taken the 250 off roading yet but in Florida there arent many difficult trails. When I get bored of the 250 maybe I will get the R a few years down the road.

I tuned my '16 with PPEI as well. 5" exhaust, egr/def delete. Bunch of stuff from Sinister Diesel. The best vehicle I owned.

The Raptor is different. Hard to take the superduty on trails. The family enjoys the experience more.

cswht

Reaction score
I would get the new Raptor instead of a F250 unless you are going to be pulling or heavily loaded 80% of he time. The F250 is made to tow a heavy load or carry a heavy load. You cannot make it ride like a Raptor. I had a 2020 f250 Tremor coming from a 2014 Raptor. The F250 with the 6.7 diesel is a beast and will pull almost anything. That is what they are made for. When loaded down they both squat some, but obviously the Raptor will squat more.
2022 Raptor with Pontoon.jpeg2020 Tremor with Pntoon.jpeg

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
I would get the new Raptor instead of a F250 unless you are going to be pulling or heavily loaded 80% of he time. The F250 is made to tow a heavy load or carry a heavy load. You cannot make it ride like a Raptor. I had a 2020 f250 Tremor coming from a 2014 Raptor. The F250 with the 6.7 diesel is a beast and will pull almost anything. That is what they are made for. When loaded down they both squat some, but obviously the Raptor will squat more.
View attachment 388186View attachment 388187
thanks! Looks like you have towed the same boat with both...how do they compare when towing? Thanks

cswht

Reaction score
The Raptor does okay for short trips of less than 30 miles. You really notice the extra weight when towing and stopping. With the F250 and diesel engine you don’t really notice the weight at all. I pulled the boat on the interstate for 350 miles and hardly noticed it. If you are going to be pulling a trailer often or for long distances the F250 is the way to go.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Thank you! Probably down to either another raptor, raptor 37, trx or f150 platinum. Seems like ppl love their trx…

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Probably down to either another raptor, raptor 37, trx or f150 platinum. Seems like ppl love their trx…
Just make sure you drive the TRX and check it over good. Quality control is horrible

The one we had was bad. Wind noise problem with the windshield too. Beast of a truck though. The sound and power is so satisfying even at light throttle.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Just make sure you drive the TRX and check it over good. Quality control is horrible

The one we had was bad. Wind noise problem with the windshield too. Beast of a truck though. The sound and power is so satisfying even at light throttle.
Cool thank you! What do you have now?