Cobb tune and the new phaser software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I get the new phaser update ,can I reinstall my stage 2 Cobb tune after its done ,or will it overwrite the ford software and be back to square 1

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The consensus seems to be you can reinstall your tune after it's done without it overwriting the phaser update. It's suggested to update the firmware on your accessport first and may even be required before it will load your tune back on depending on how out of date it is

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tune will overwrite the updated calibration from Ford. You would need to contact Cobb and see if they have updated their tune with the parameters from Ford’s new software. If they have, you’ll need to download the new software to your tuner device before installing it in the truck.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tune will overwrite the updated calibration from Ford. You would need to contact Cobb and see if they have updated their tune with the parameters from Ford’s new software. If they have, you’ll need to download the new software to your tuner device before installing it in the truck.
I could be wrong, but my understanding from Cobb was that their tune does not need updated. Essentially it only overwrites the tables it needs to and does not affect the base calibration.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but my understanding from Cobb was that their tune does not need updated. Essentially it only overwrites the tables it needs to and does not affect the base calibration.
That’s what they said to me as well, in an email today .

KCRaptor643

Reaction score
I know most are talking about Cobb, but my guess is it's common with all tuners. I have a stock Bully Dog tuner and have yet to have phaser TSB done. After I have TSB performed, if I reload the stock Bully Dog tune, it should be okay right??? Dont want to see some software crash.....that would be a bad day!

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you FordTechOne :peace: I got worried I thought you left the forum and went to TRX:happy107: