Cam Phaser question - no longer covered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdford6

Reaction score
My '18 Expedition was in the dealer back in Jan '22 for reprogram. Still has issue. Was waiting for dealer to get "parts in". I just called today and got me out 2 weeks from today.

Never sent my '18 Raptor in due to no issue. Expy had the rattle last year (35,000mi).

OP
OP
B00ST

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on this.. I put a call into Ford Care and they returned my call a couple of days later. As this situation was escalated, they have responded with paying for 100% of the Cam Phaser replacement. Super happy with Ford for this... Saved me over $3k>>> :banana-mario:

OP
OP
B00ST

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appt is in the first part of June... that is when I should have it going in....They claimed they will have the parts then... (we'll see)

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to ford about an hour ago and they said that there is not back order on any of the cam phaser parts. I'm wondering if the dealers just don't want to get involved?

I'm waiting for a call back from a dealer about 45 minutes away to see if they want to fix mine. All local dealers within 20 miles gave me the cold shoulder.

OP
OP
B00ST

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposed to go in Wednesday. Last I heard from Ford Customer Care was a possible delay on intake gaskets....Its pretty amazing as they are 'driving the dealer and following up with me.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made an appointment last Tuesday, the truck had to sit over night so they can start it when it's cold for the best noise lol. I'm about 4 weeks out on exactly the same issue which is the intake gaskets. The dealer said they need to keep it for 3 days to do 3 30 mile drive cycles on it before their comfortable with releasing it back to me.