Cam Phaser question - no longer covered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B00ST

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine off today....so sad! Hoping mid week to get her back

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they give you a time frame as to when you should get it back? My dealer said it will take about 2 days to complete and then they need to drive the truck for 30 miles for 3 days before they feel comfortable giving it back to me, not sure if that's a legit reason but at this point I'll entertain it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they give you a time frame as to when you should get it back? My dealer said it will take about 2 days to complete and then they need to drive the truck for 30 miles for 3 days before they feel comfortable giving it back to me, not sure if that's a legit reason but at this point I'll entertain it.
I think that's mainly so they can attend a few local rallycross events to give your truck a good shakedown run. :gr_grin:

OP
OP
B00ST

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that from them.....but now you're making me wish I would have checked the miles on the truck before I left her! Although with Ford Pass .....I just did!

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is starting feel sluggish like it's being held back at about half throttle with full boost. I'm wondering if the phasers have anything to do with it. My new appointment is July 5, I went to drop it off and the service advisor said I'm gunna be honest with you the tech that's supposed to be working on your truck is off the rest of the week for training. I asked why she's couldn't have just called and the reply was I have 30 other people I have to talk to, so well see how this appointment goes.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is back with me and it sounds and runs much better. They replaced 2 cams while they were in their along with the water pump as it was starting to in?...

Edit: I looked up the part number that was labeled cam. Turns out it's just the phaser

Last edited: