Phaser? Lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay now this is different…. This was the first time it was cold since I got it. Sounds different from the wastegate rattle.
View attachment 429490
If you a stick a camera in the wheel well you’re going to pick up all kinds of normal engine operating noises that are not a concern. HPFP and injector tick are common sounds people mistake for issues.

If it never had the phaser recall completed for the PCM software update that would be a good idea to have done.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of your sounds are the phasers. You will know it when you hear it. It won’t be an internet guessing game. And it’ll be right out the front, not tucked in behind the tire in the wheel well.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey,
I just picked up my truck (used), 2019 69000 miles, and one owner. I’m aware of the phaser issue and potentially wastegate rattle on a cold start.

Just wanted to hear opinions on what you guys think it is. Can the noisy phasers be detrimental to the engine?

I did purchase an esp, and had my local dealership pull up the oasis report. The parts guy told me it hasn’t had the updated phasers and or reflash.

https://streamable.com/xowg2o

*sorry I cannot find a away to embed this link.

View attachment 428776
Theres a really good
Mechanic Mike Hock near me he is amazing. Really tall feller, only works on phasers. Look him up.