Bye bye trx , hello gen 3 37

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorND

Reaction score
You have obviously not driven a TRX... And you probably do not realize that quite a few TRX owners sold off their Raptor to own one... And since you own a raptor you would love the TRX I am guessing... go drive one bro!

But like I said they're both nice trucks... One just sounds like a truck, defies gravity with its acceleration, and is faster than many sports cars on the street, than the other... while still holding its own quite nicely off road...

One is lighter and can toss itself around off road easier... And gets better MPG... Although I never got better than 13 and my 17...

And you're right I am still excited with this beast, because I just can't get enough of my super charger wine... And exhaust that doesn't sound like it's in a can (21 is better though)...

But... the R should fix all of this... Except the interior will still suck compared to the ram lol

Have a good night... But seriously go drive the beast before you put it down... You may just be won over...I WAS...
:pepper::anitoof:

I actually originally wanted the trx. Never owned a raptor. Ultimately decided on ordering a raptor. Trx is def cool, just like the ford look inside and out ( obviously just preference but I completely disagree the ram looks better inside) and think it will be a better daily driver. FYI never owned a ford or a ram/dodge so no brand loyalty. Can’t deny the trx is a beast on pavement.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I was a lurker since 2017 before finally joining last summer. Could be a similar situation.

Just glad you finally did. Not sure if I asked this yet(to lazy to scroll up) but why did you ditch the TRX over the 2022? Didnt like it?

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned numerous BMW’s all of which were custom ordered and BMW provided me the ship info where I could literally track in real time. On one occasion, I saw the ship, via webcam, enter and exit the Panama Canal. It was cool to watch, why Ford cannot be more user friendly is a mystery. Regardles, please keep me posted on your truck and I will do the same.

Well, here we are nearing February of 2022 and Ford still has their 2021 builder on their website, so…

OP
OP
M

MarcV

Reaction score
Well, here we are nearing February of 2022 and Ford still has their 2021 builder on their website, so…
Yup and to give everybody a update . Still no effen raptor ! Stuck in Chicago I guess , maybe no drivers ! Starting to get irritated from the misinformation from the dealer and the stupid tracker ! Last week it said shipped with last Friday as a delievery date . Still have last Friday as my current delievery date but it says built instead of shipped now

OP
OP
M

MarcV

Reaction score
Just glad you finally did. Not sure if I asked this yet(to lazy to scroll up) but why did you ditch the TRX over the 2022? Didnt like it?
Honestly I usually ditch my cars after a year and get something new . But I will say materials were nice in the trx , but instrument cluster looks like something from a 5 year old ram rebel . On start up it has a horrible *** ticking noise from supposedly the front transfer case cycling when cold . But you could hear it all the time and it bothered the **** out or me ! Then there was if you just did regular driving it felt like a boat , tons of torque steer from there awd system that I feel like they still don’t have figured out (you had to fight it every time you drove . Then getting the money I did out of it after driving it 16,000 miles was the biggest reason I sold it . I would say I pretty much evened out since my taxes I paid on the truck will pretty much cover the taxes on the new raptor .

OP
OP
M

MarcV

Reaction score
We’ll here we are jan 22. Truck came in this morning . Was not able to take delievery because of a recall that was not done at the factory .
C88C68FE-7E5F-4FBF-8BD0-64744FAFAFA0.jpeg

Attachments

• 40003A01-333D-4298-B33D-968FB0E789DE.jpeg
    40003A01-333D-4298-B33D-968FB0E789DE.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
M

MarcV

Reaction score
Seems like sombody at ford thought it was a great design idea to hold a heatshield above the driveshaft and exhaust with plastic rivets. So metal ones on order , should be ready Togo this coming week . Hopefully . Truck is bad *** other than that hiccup

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Seems like sombody at ford thought it was a great design idea to hold a heatshield above the driveshaft and exhaust with plastic rivets. So metal ones on order , should be ready Togo this coming week . Hopefully . Truck is bad *** other than that hiccup
what color do you plan to paint that primer? ;-)