box Graphics vs Moonroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SrBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im trying to give up box graphics for moon-roof but in Texas heat im afraid it might turn into a heat radiation-roof , any personal opinions please would be greatly appreciated.
what would you choose? and why?
anyone regret getting " moon-roof "?

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the box graphic and no sunroof. I have have had many of them and only used on the nicest days. Not worth it, I just roll down the windows if I want to now. The graphics make the truck.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the best climate around and I have had moon roofs on every car I have owned and maybe used them 2-3 times max. I am clearly not the norm when it comes to this and would go for the graphics...but again I am probably not the norm as I just dont see the value in moon roofs. Plus as mentioned before that is what windows are for! Good luck in your decision

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the moon roof, when you open the rear window and pop up the moon roof, it creates a nice wind flow, even the wife's hair approves. And then on really nice days, nothing like having all the windows open and the air flowing. But this is coming from a guy who never liked or wanted the graphics. :)

RcIgo

Reaction score
Moonroof. Have your tint guy put a layer on it makes a huge difference I did it on a King Ranch 250 I had and the Denali HD.
Makes a bigger impact on resale than box graphics

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the moon roof, when you open the rear window and pop up the moon roof, it creates a nice wind flow, even the wife's hair approves. And then on really nice days, nothing like having all the windows open and the air flowing. But this is coming from a guy who never liked or wanted the graphics. :)

i love my moonroof, use it all the time

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the noise in the cab is more with the moon roof. I have never use a db meter to measure it but it seems like it. I to never open it and it drives me crazy the little rays of light that come around the sunshade. But on the flip side it is way easier to add graphics than a moon roof.

{TEX}Hawaii ((

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose to not get the moonroof on the Raptor. We have a moonroof on my wife's SUV and I cant stand it. She likes it and drives with the cover open roof closed. I always close the cover when im in her car which is hardly ever now that I have my Raptor.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would never pay to have a hole cut in a perfectly good roof.
No "rain roof" for me.
Additional weight of the moonroof is all top heavy weight.