box Graphics vs Moonroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
It really comes down to what you value most. Personally I didn't get the moonroof. I've had one on my previous two vehicles and the amount of times I used it can be counted on one hand (everyone is different). It was also a pain in the ass getting dried leaf crumbs and dirt stuck in there. As for the graphics, that's a personal choice. I think they definitely give the truck a more aggressive and stylish look.

There is NO WAY you can fit that giant hat on your head without the moonroof.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hardly ever use my moon roof as well, but I am proponent of getting moonroof over the graphics and besides there are plenty of aftermarket places to buy graphics from at a much cheaper price than Ford offers them for.
Nix both of them and go down to your local vinyl/sign graphic shop and have them make you some custom graphics. They're plenty of pics to chose from on this forum that you can show them. Have them make a graphic of moonroof and then everybody wins!

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would go with the moonroof, and get graphics later. I plan on getting some custom vinyl for my truck sometime within the first year. (that is when I get my truck 2013 on order)

OP
OP
SrBug

SrBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AY Caramba !!!!!! i think i might get it , my bro got a 2013 fx4 and moonroof is wide, is kinda not even towards the front of the cab where is roof is more curved than the back where is Flat and very flush, seals good tho.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a factory moonroof is much better than an aftermarket moonroof. i have installed about 10 of them in the past. dealers used to send us vehicles that needed a moonroof for the sale, so we would cut one out for them. the problem with aftermarket moonroofs is there are no drain tubes that run down the A pillars like with factory. so water can sit at the seal and cause premature aging to the rubber seals. also the fit is better and the switches are better. so go with factory moonroof. when they build the truck they design the roof to accomodate the moonroof so it not awkward looking

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my truck I just told the sales man I want every thing on it and you better not miss any thing. I have no disappointment in wishing I did not get that so I'm glad I got every thing.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

as a matter afact I ordered the ridged SW AFE CIA and what ever else I could think of at the same time. my only regrets was not getting the mud flaps right away but I am glad I got the ones I did so that's a toss up but should have had them on first.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a factory moonroof is much better than an aftermarket moonroof. i have installed about 10 of them in the past. dealers used to send us vehicles that needed a moonroof for the sale, so we would cut one out for them. the problem with aftermarket moonroofs is there are no drain tubes that run down the A pillars like with factory. so water can sit at the seal and cause premature aging to the rubber seals. also the fit is better and the switches are better. so go with factory moonroof. when they build the truck they design the roof to accomodate the moonroof so it not awkward looking

That makes perfect sense! This post right here will help others determine if they should get one and what are the factors involved if installing it at a later time.
I had that same problem years ago with a car I bought and could not make up my mind if I wanted moonroof or just do it later. That's exactly what I was told back then about installing aftermarket moon roofs!

- Hector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk