Best Finance rates you can find available to all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
If you qualify for USAA, it's 1.89% for up to 63 months, 2.29% up to 75, and 3.49% for 84.
There isn’t that much of a difference between 1%-2%. It’s probably around $15-$20 a month (roughly).

if you can get any where around there, you should be fine.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of Dave Ramsey guys in here.. always interesting. I won't preach to anyone, but I'd definitely tell those looking to finance to double check *all* of their local credit unions and call local community banks for various offers. Don't get hung up on a few basis points.. the difference between .50% on 6 yrs for $70k is about a grand so if you all are honest about paying it off and accelerating the debt early then it will be negligible in 2-3years. Good luck everyone.

Chuck D

Reaction score
Not a lot of Dave Ramsey guys in here.. always interesting. I won't preach to anyone, but I'd definitely tell those looking to finance to double check *all* of their local credit unions and call local community banks for various offers. Don't get hung up on a few basis points.. the difference between .50% on 6 yrs for $70k is about a grand so if you all are honest about paying it off and accelerating the debt early then it will be negligible in 2-3years. Good luck everyone.

Some are here. I'm on baby step 7. It has taken a long time to get here, buying my first Raptor at 46 years old

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My mortgage is financed @ 2.5% - When they ran me for credit at the dealership they said they could do 3.9%, I laughed and said we'll work on that once the truck comes. I plan on showing up to the dealer already with offers in hard to see if they'll match. Otherwise I'll just get the truck and re-finance the next day. Still 2 months out so can't shop yet (don't want to ding my credit score)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a lot of Dave Ramsey guys in here.. always interesting.

Now I'm curious to know what Ramsey recommends for car buying. Care to share, or do I need to google?

I won't preach to anyone, but I'd definitely tell those looking to finance to double check *all* of their local credit unions and call local community banks for various offers. Don't get hung up on a few basis points.. the difference between .50% on 6 yrs for $70k is about a grand so if you all are honest about paying it off and accelerating the debt early then it will be negligible in 2-3years.

If I'm financing, I generally want required payments around $50-$100 below what I want to pay. I don't want it high as I don't want it to start feeling like a burden. Lower, and I feel like I'm throwing away money on interest payments.

And I know it's in my head, but if my payments are over $500 on a 5 year loan, then I feel like I should have put more down or I'm buying more than I can afford.

Good luck everyone.

I feel like I just got cards dealt at the blackjack table.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen - Here is my $.02. I could afford to purchase this truck in cash. I am very lucky. BUT
I am going to finance 50K. I can borrow that 50K for $2,500 for 5 years. I think that's a hell of a deal.
Now...I am going to put 50K in an index fund and just HOPE to make more than that.

I think Ramsey is talking to people that are broke and are financing 60K at 7.9% financing and not using that money for other things.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen - Here is my $.02. I could afford to purchase this truck in cash. I am very lucky. BUT
I am going to finance 50K. I can borrow that 50K for $2,500 for 5 years. I think that's a hell of a deal.
Now...I am going to put 50K in an index fund and just HOPE to make more than that.

I think Ramsey is talking to people that are broke and are financing 60K at 7.9% financing and not using that money for other things.

It's definitely targeted toward a certain group of people (no disrespect to anyone who follows his methods, it's just a keep it simple approach). He'll even admit his methods are often not the most mathematically efficient approaches to personal finance.

Debt isn't the boogeyman it's made out to be.

Reaction score
I was moving into a new house in March and missed 3 payments on credit cards on accident. Completely trashed my credit score. Went from 780 to 640. I've been sending letters out to get them removed. Credit scores are a ******** gimick. Spent years building that thing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc