Bed Bolt D-Ring Tie Down Points AT COST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with their bed liner being sprayed over their bed bolts? I am thinking I will try to take a razor to the base of the washer but I don't know how tough the stuff really is.
That happened to mine. The place who applied it said that would cut it out with a razor blade for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with their bed liner being sprayed over their bed bolts? I am thinking I will try to take a razor to the base of the washer but I don't know how tough the stuff really is.

go back in this thread to my own tale of caution and woe. Get that damn bedliner completely out of the bolt head, or you’ll likely strip them The torque value for these is not that high, BUT... all 6 of mine needed a 6 foot breaker bar to bust loose. Well... 5 of them, number 6 needed an air chisel and a new bolt.

Druepy

Reaction score
That happened to mine. The place who applied it said that would cut it out with a razor blade for me.

Sounds good thanks

go back in this thread to my own tale of caution and woe. Get that damn bedliner completely out of the bolt head, or you’ll likely strip them The torque value for these is not that high, BUT... all 6 of mine needed a 6 foot breaker bar to bust loose. Well... 5 of them, number 6 needed an air chisel and a new bolt.

Oh ya, I read what happened to you and planned on making sure I get a good mating of the bit to the bolt. I didn't know it was specifically because of the liner so that's good to know

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Great. A dental pick would do well, small screwdriver if it’s sharp enough to get under the bed liner material. Just to clarify, use a razor or box cutter to cut around the washer or the bed liner material will tear, and sometimes not cleanly. use a pick, small flat head screw driver or similar to gouge the bed liner material out of the bolt head so you have a full and clean seat of the torx bit in the bolt head.

If all goes well, it’s a one beer job.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got these in today from offroad alliance. They seem pretty thick, hoping the bolt is long enough Togo through these and safely secure the bed IMG_7220.JPGIMG_7221.JPG

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
did you install these yet? and if so, was there enough threads leftover?
I have not yet, truck is in the shop and I have to tear into my bedliner to get to the bed bolts. Got them from offroad alliance so they should work out

Status
Not open for further replies.