GEN 2 BroncoAZ’s Scab is home!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fueler

Reaction score
Went in on 6-14-20, I read your timeline and I knew I was right after you. I know they had to get the allocation from their sister dealership in Newberg OR not far away from them. Landmark Ford is where I'm getting this from. They didn't waste time with this part of the order process. They did require a 5000 dollar non refundable deposit down on it. I knew I wanted this truck so paid right there. They called the 5k a restock fee to be accurate. I can PM you the order form we both signed on to get the order going but this might work also. I agree, I think your dealer forgot to place the order. You said something along those lines a while back I remember.

upload_2020-8-3_21-35-53.png

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to start a war, but personally I think the blue is a great color-I like it right next to the white I have coming. Yea, it looks like the front license plate bracket mounts into the reinforcements that are in all the honeycomb panels that look like they all have holes whether a plate was mounted or not. I was taking exception to the idea of the front bumper having big self tapping screw holes right on the front surface where a lot of cars just have very small dimples they drill out.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went in on 6-14-20, I read your timeline and I knew I was right after you. I know they had to get the allocation from their sister dealership in Newberg OR not far away from them. Landmark Ford is where I'm getting this from. They didn't waste time with this part of the order process. They did require a 5000 dollar non refundable deposit down on it. I knew I wanted this truck so paid right there. They called the 5k a restock fee to be accurate. I can PM you the order form we both signed on to get the order going but this might work also. I agree, I think your dealer forgot to place the order. You said something along those lines a while back I remember.

View attachment 149148
Too much money in OR,look all dealership (included Damerow ) last year.Newberg Ford is completed separated of Landmark who is full....Don't trust .
Order in Missouri .Easy shipping.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 149148

So they screwed me, or they're incompetent. It doesn't matter at this point, but just another reason I'll move my Bronco order somewhere else. I'm glad yours is being built as planned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to start a war, but personally I think the blue is a great color-I like it right next to the white I have coming. Yea, it looks like the front license plate bracket mounts into the reinforcements that are in all the honeycomb panels that look like they all have holes whether a plate was mounted or not. I was taking exception to the idea of the front bumper having big self tapping screw holes right on the front surface where a lot of cars just have very small dimples they drill out.

The velocity blue is a very dynamic color that changes significantly in different light. It wasn’t my first choice, but I’m really liking it. After 1 red, then silver, then 2 more red trucks in the past 19 years I’m happy to have something different.

Here are the pics I could get without backing the truck out of the garage. There are two screw holes in the bumper and the bottom of the bracket just hooks into the plastic grille. You can see that the screws stripped the paint out of the holes a bit, but it’s hardly noticeable. Some magnetic touch up paint in the holes should hide it well.

215CA483-E6B1-47BB-8A9F-5AFAFD3A90EA.jpeg

88AEDE5B-C99B-481A-8D88-9441AECF38BC.jpeg

B0738E60-6774-4049-9E43-56932767FC32.jpeg

6B304997-EC4C-430E-8725-BD1EF5FEDFAB.jpeg

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to shoot some pics! I was looking for silver for a bit but it turns out that was a 2019 color they dropped for 2020 and added in the gray instead.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 3 car garage. One bay is about 23’ wide and 20’ deep with a 16’ door, I had been parking my diesel truck and wife’s SUV in there. The second bay offset forward a couple feet and is 12’ wide and 18’ deep with an 8’ door and houses my Bronco. The second bay vehicle needs to be short enough to walk past to get to the door into the house. My diesel truck was 19’5” and a tight fit, the Scab is a bit shorter at 18’4” so I have some breathing room. I haven’t decided how we are going to change it up with the Raptor. My diesel truck wasn’t a daily driver so I could squeeze it in tight on the right side. I like to line up on the left side so I can see better going in on a daily driven vehicle.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to another dealer (San Tan Ford) I hadn't been to lately and they have about five screws and all of them had not had front plates mounted. All of them have the holes so it is a factory thing where no harm no foul if front plate bracket attached and removed. Finally a good idea.