Best Big Brake kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRate

Reaction score
I've been looking online and shopping for a new brake kit for my truck. Nothing wrong with the stock brakes, I just prefer really strong brakes.

Any suggestions/experience with particular brands?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Any opinions on Wilwood vs. Alcon? I have the stock beadlock wheels, and I'd like to keep them if I can. Alcon supposedly fits inside the stock wheels.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know. Nobody has ever posted real world braking improvements after installing. Will you be the first?

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have any real world performance date. I replaced my stock rotors after one developed a heat spot on it during a spirited day off road. After the spot developed the pads started grabbing on the spot. Drove me crazy. Switched to the R1s. Had no problems since. Much better feel when braking. Does that translate to shorter stopping distance? IDK. But I am more confident in them now.

You can see the spot on the rotor. The other front had a smaller one too.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0093.jpg
    IMAG0093.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 58

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im pretty sure napa sells brembo blanks.
then just get a really nice set of pads all around and you should be golden.