NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offcamber

Reaction score
I just got this in the mail as well. Do I really need all of THIS wiring to make this this thing work? I'm hoping this is multiple solutions for other trucks as well. If I need all of these harnesses to make this little hitch pod to work, that is pretty ****** engineering. Thinkin maybe returning is a better option...

1692815441439.png

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got this in the mail as well. Do I really need all of THIS wiring to make this this thing work? I'm hoping this is multiple solutions for other trucks as well. If I need all of these harnesses to make this little hitch pod to work, that is pretty ****** engineering. Thinkin maybe returning is a better option...

View attachment 420972
Yikes, i agree, thats pretty cringe .

offcamber

Reaction score
They did post a write up on their website at: https://www.diodedynamics.com/blog/...ford-f-150-c1r-hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit

It looks like you have to pull your tail lights and run a harness between them and to the trailer wires. I don't know that I trust Diode Dynamics knows what they are doing enough to do this. The Ford is glitchy enough without jacking around with the wiring. They afterall released this thing without even testing it...I'm just going to send it back.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All - 21 37PP - used the new harness (Just the single one that looks exactly like the first one that came with the light) and it works great - no warnings nothing. Def did not do that tail light removal process.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 420972
Give us a call or text us if we can help. We have several ways to do hitch lights with Diode lights. That said, if you want to stick with the one you have, I'm happy to see if I can help you sort through the wiring you have there.

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 420972
This is far more simple than it appears.

FireShot Capture 643 - 2021-2023 F-150 HitchMount LED Reverse Light Install Guide_ - www.diode...png

We've provided 4 harnesses to select from that are plug-and-play with the factory tail lamp.

Our guide walks you through the installation and identification process of which harness is right for you.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is far more simple than it appears.

View attachment 421721

We've provided 4 harnesses to select from that are plug-and-play with the factory tail lamp.

Our guide walks you through the installation and identification process of which harness is right for you.
Perhaps adding to your website a selectable drop-down menu for the pic you just posted when ordering would simplify things on your end (one harness + your guide sent to the customer) vs the customer receiving multiple harnesses they do not need. To me, that takes the “guess work” out of the equation and you save on harnesses that would otherwise go to waste.

offcamber

Reaction score
All - 21 37PP - used the new harness (Just the single one that looks exactly like the first one that came with the light) and it works great - no warnings nothing. Def did not do that tail light removal process.
had you installed it previous and gotten errors with the original harness? if not then wtf send out instructions suggesting we need the tail light harness? Its crappy enough there is no mention of any issue at point of sale. I've previously stuck to Baja Designs for lighting but I'd heard good things about DD and was going to get some of their SS5's for up front. This just doesn't inspire confidence.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had you installed it previous and gotten errors with the original harness? if not then wtf send out instructions suggesting we need the tail light harness? Its crappy enough there is no mention of any issue at point of sale. I've previously stuck to Baja Designs for lighting but I'd heard good things about DD and was going to get some of their SS5's for up front. This just doesn't inspire confidence.
I installed it with the original harness and shi t went haywire - all kind of alerts. This new one that looks exactly like it has been flawless for a week. I go to the gym at 5am so having that bright white light reversing is nice. You can see it clearly in the screen.