Bay Area Newbie Checking In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I am in the Bay Area also. Near SF. Just came back from a Run and Gun ride in Napa where my friend owns 140 acre of lands. If you're into that let me know.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for those of you that want to join my friends and i in fallon nevada

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. I have a Ford Performance Blue and I'm biased that it's the best color. Only offered 2 years ('19 and '20).

I'm in the East Bay myself. I've done day trips to Stonyford. There are some good long trails up there. But not the desert runs the truck is built for. It's 2.5-3 hours north. I have heard there's good spots an hour outside of Bakersfield. Hollister will leave you with pinstripes. Did that but regretted it. Much better for Jeeps or RZRs. Another spot, but not a day trip either, is Hungry Valley off the Grapevine. Had a blast there and caught air in multiple spots. The river bed is also fun. High speed drifting is certainly possible. Got some good pinstripes in a couple spots. If you can camp there it's a great spot. The nearby truck stop has super clean, paid showers.

OP
OP
cristheillest

cristheillest

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. I have a Ford Performance Blue and I'm biased that it's the best color. Only offered 2 years ('19 and '20).

I'm in the East Bay myself. I've done day trips to Stonyford. There are some good long trails up there. But not the desert runs the truck is built for. It's 2.5-3 hours north. I have heard there's good spots an hour outside of Bakersfield. Hollister will leave you with pinstripes. Did that but regretted it. Much better for Jeeps or RZRs. Another spot, but not a day trip either, is Hungry Valley off the Grapevine. Had a blast there and caught air in multiple spots. The river bed is also fun. High speed drifting is certainly possible. Got some good pinstripes in a couple spots. If you can camp there it's a great spot. The nearby truck stop has super clean, paid showers.
lol I'm with you on that one, I also think its the best looking color

thanks for the feedback! I'm going on a camping trip this weekend by Fresno, I went a couple weeks ago and found a couple trains I can take around so I'm pretty excited about that

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. My wife and I are military heading to Lemoore naval air station in October taking to Gen 1 Raptors. Not looking forward to the gas prices but definitely looking forward to exploring the area sounds like a lot of fun. Never been to San Francisco

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. My wife and I are military heading to Lemoore naval air station in October taking to Gen 1 Raptors. Not looking forward to the gas prices but definitely looking forward to exploring the area sounds like a lot of fun. Never been to San Francisco
thats a place to avoid. rent a car and go there if you really want to go. you are probably 3+hrs from lemoore nas to sf. i have family that live near lemoore so i used to visit out there. sf is a giant homeless camp. its dirty, tight, and all around a dump. parking is insane and expensive..... if you can find parking.... and probably a mile from where you want to be. if you are doing the sightseeing thing, then yeah, the bridge, twin peaks, the view museum, exploratorium, pier 39 and maybe coit tower. after that get the hell out of there as soon as you possibly can.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, one more thing. come out to nevada with us in october. we could use your military access so we can take a shower at fallon nas. its almost a week long trip for us. you will be happy to take us to fallon nas cause we stink so bad:signs16::rotflmao: