Anyone seen the Russian videos on Utube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there are all these surveillance videos in civilian cars showing off thousands of wrecks in Russia. I know they use them for insurance purposes.

And damn are they bad drivers. Holy shit, I would be scared to drive an Abrahms Tank!

But, I would like to set up a good recording system in my truck for always on and going when Im driving. I did some searching around, but do any of you have any experience with this? I want good, and if I just buy any of them, I run the chance of getting something crap. With all the options, is there a trusted name brand, or one I should avoid?

JGov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Safety vision I just got their set up with a flir thermal camera and two regular cameras. I have an 8" monitor mounted on the dash that is also the 4 ch DVR. Its in a hard protective waterproof case and has a locking SD card access .

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends what you want, and how much you want to spend. You can buy small units for under a hundred bucks off eBay. They provide the basics, with a camera on the road and another on the driver. I have cameras on my work trucks. We have 27 total, and they provide images of the driver, and off the side of the truck where people are working. These were much more expensive at about $2500 a piece. But I can also pull up locations on them, and watch people from the comfort of my office. It also records a full week of data on the DVR. More then a little cool.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I mention in the other thread SuperCircuits.com

My wife's work place does Intercoms and security. That's how I know about them.
And they have a good tech support to boot.
And like I mentioned I have used them for years for personnel stuff.
I like that they have all the high end stuff from Sony, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Black, S1.......

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is my big problem with these cameras - they are all pretty much Chinese junk. I have yet to see a good one that I'd put in my truck (similar to a contour or a go pro). It doesn't need to be super high quality video, but it does need to have a good warranty, come from a manufacturer that has made at least some form of electronic device, and have directions in English, not Engrish

Waiting for Sony or Alpine or Kenwood or Clarion or any other company that at least more than 3 people in Russia have heard about.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently ordered a contour 1500 with accessories, will let you know how it works out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2