Question on Master Reset of the Sync and Subsequent issues After?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I never really thought about it until the screen was gone. I have to make sure to not remote start it anymore because I can't turn off the heated wheel.
Doesn’t that only run until you actually hit the button and drive? Pretty sure my 17 makes me hit that manually no matter what. Even if it does run during the remote idle.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It definitely gets too too hot sometimes.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t that only run until you actually hit the button and drive? Pretty sure my 17 makes me hit that manually no matter what. Even if it does run during the remote idle.
On my '20, if it's cold and you remote start it, the seats and wheel stay on until you turn them off.

Last edited:

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so you said no to the prompts but did you at least input your Credit Card number in the third prompt? You will never have that black screen if you would do that!!!!

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be getting into the dealer this Tue, but I wanted to give an update if someone else runs into this. Screen stayed dark after the master reset, which obviously is a pain in the ass, and you lose many functions. I was assuming the heat/ac would not work. They do work, you just have no way of knowing what it's set at, except for feel. Just for the hell of it, when I was driving Friday, I did the soft reset. The screen did come back up, but that Sync update crap also came up right away on the screen, so I hit the "Ask me later option". If you were on a trip at least you could get your screen back and have most of your functions back, until you can get it fixed.

Last edited:

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll finally be getting into the dealer this Tue, but I wanted to give an update if someone else runs into this. Screen stayed dark after the master reset, which obviously is a pain in the ass, and you lose many functions. I was assuming the heat/ac would not work. They do work, you just have no way of knowing what it's set at, except for feel. Just for the hell of it, when I was driving Friday, I did the soft reset. The screen did come back up, but that Sync update crap also came up right away on the screen, so I hit the "Ask me later option". If you were on a trip at least you could get your screen back and have most of your functions back, until you can get it fixed.
If you got the screen back up you should be able to update it yourself and avoid the dealer trip, or at least confirm that it needs more than the update. You can do it via USB from owner.ford.com or you should be able to connect your Sync to wifi and have it check for updates

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the word today, the APIM is failed. From what they said there is a specific test Ford has them do on it, to declare it failed. Hopefully they will have a new one tomorrow and I'll get it back. Nice that I'll only be out $50 for the whole repair, with my extended warranty. The dealer, Gilboy Ford, is great. Quick work, and I have a new Escape ST loaner in the meantime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter