Anyone replace the cabin air filter on a '20 with the CF interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I follow the couple of YT videos on how to replace the cabin filter, they show how you remove the rubber trim piece above the box lid, that lets you then you expose and remove the two bolts and pull the glove box out, then replace the filter. Problem is that with the Recaro package with the CF trim, there is a CF panel above the rubber trim piece that goes all the way across the top. It's nothing like shown in any of the videos, but none of the trucks in the video have the carbon fiber trim. Any tips on how you remove the CF trim piece so I can get to the bolts behind it that hold the glove box in? Maybe @FordTechOne can chime in? Thanks.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah a few times, get a plastic trim tool, pray to the god emperor, and slowly pry till you get one clip out then its fairly easy

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
If I follow the couple of YT videos on how to replace the cabin filter, they show how you remove the rubber trim piece above the box lid, that lets you then you expose and remove the two bolts and pull the glove box out, then replace the filter. Problem is that with the Recaro package with the CF trim, there is a CF panel above the rubber trim piece that goes all the way across the top. It's nothing like shown in any of the videos, but none of the trucks in the video have the carbon fiber trim. Any tips on how you remove the CF trim piece so I can get to the bolts behind it that hold the glove box in? Maybe @FordTechOne can chime in? Thanks.
This video has the carbon trim to remove.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the cf trim is a separate piece held in by clips?
Yep, just be very careful. I used a plastic trim tool on mine and it still left a little mark on the CF, but it’s not visible with the rubber mat installed. Maybe try a trim tool with cloth (sheepskin? :think: ) on it to minimize any potential damage.