Console Trim and access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOC7URN

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im hoping to install my radio in my center console with my remote head unit is the 2nd glove box like this. I have no problem with wiring etc, but I've never pulled the panels off of a Gen-3 before. For those of you that have been down this road...

1) Should I remove the passenger seat to get your Bulletproof Diesel antenna cable under the carpet and/or route wires to the console?
2) does anyone know of any videos showing how to get to that interior-side of the firewall grommet in the passenger footwell (on console for that matter)?
3) what's he best pathway for a thick wire bundle between the passenger footwell to the center console (head unit, main power, remote speaker cable)

I have a love/hate relationship (mostly hate) with trim panel clips - if you've got any tips for how to get behind these panels, I'm all ears

1709075892180.png

kirkb

Reaction score
I am also interested in this. Have my radio already and waiting on the RPG 3rd brake light to come in, for the antenna mount.

I did find some info on the wire routing to the center console on the sticky post in the lighting sub forum - there is a video in the post showing some parts. But I would like to do the same thing you are doing and need to figure out the best way to route everything nice and clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter