Anybody fix a cracked fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After Barstow to Primm Nevada, I smashed my skid plate, bent bumper and after washing at home I discovered crack in passenger fender near windshield. Only 1000 miles on my truck. Anybody had to fix one yet? Is it worth it to fix, or should I look into Boatec fenders? Thanks for any suggestions.5a5edeny.jpg
8eqetu8e.jpg
utu2a6eb.jpg

OP
OP
Raw Horsepower

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two sand wash berms about 5 feet apart, couldn't slow down fast enough, launched off the first and landed on the second. We hit really hard. It nosedived on braking, I think mid perch would have helped. Tires hit inner fender, no other damage and still drives awesome.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the oem fenders are some sort of composit fiberglass. Not sure if a true fiberglass repair would bond the materials correctly. If you don't want aftermarket glass,I'm sure you can get a set of takeoff fenders for $400-$500. In reality, you would spend around $500 to repair that fender anyways..

That was a nasty hit you took. I've only seen one other raptor have that done. It was a similar scenario as you described.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fixed mine with boatecs. Definitely makes the truck look 100X better. And you get get a pair cheaper than 1 factory fender from Ford.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first things first check your alignment.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

what does it cost to have those boat techs painted.

Tonka

Reaction score
Did the same thing when I was at Pismo for Huckfest, definetely did not hit as hard. Looks like you pushed the fender up into the A-pillar just as I did so that is going to need to repaired as well probably just paint.

I am heading to Sema here is a couple weeks to see what new things they have come up with (partially why I haven't repaired anything yet).

Here's what I did (Looks like the paint just cracked on my whoopsie)
20130825_140631.jpg