How to fix appearance of fender flare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbone

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I just bought this 18' Gen 2. So I have been doing some research and can't seem to find an answer and would love some help. The fender flares are not plastic so my trim cleaner doesn't work on them. The closest answer I could find was that it is still a more metallic piece with paint on it. in the near future I have plans to clay bar and compound+wax the entire body but that doesn't seem like it would solve this issue with the stains on the fender flares. I also have been looking at wide booty fender flares but that's about 2k seemingly(maybe in a year). Would like to know what would be some good suggestions to fix this part?
The post that was most relatable was :

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Fender Flare.jpg
    Fender Flare.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 86

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what you're asking about on the fender. I kinda look blotchy (but might be the photo lighting). Or are you talking about the scratch?

(The thread you referenced was about a Gen1 flare. They both different material and finish than the Gen2's I believe)

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct he is asking how to get rid of that sun faded appearance.

My guess is paint?

OP
OP
Dbone

Dbone

Reaction score
Not really sure what you're asking about on the fender. I kinda look blotchy (but might be the photo lighting). Or are you talking about the scratch?

(The thread you referenced was about a Gen1 flare. They both different material and finish than the Gen2's I believe)
Got a few more pics today.

Attachments

• IMG_4247.jpeg
    IMG_4247.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4248.jpeg
    IMG_4248.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4246.jpeg
    IMG_4246.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 52

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a few more pics today.
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, they either did a matte clearcoat or its just single stage paint with a flattener added.

In both scenarios, if you attempt to polish it out, you will make it shiny. That would not be ideal, because then you would need to polish the rest of the fender flares to match.

OP
OP
Dbone

Dbone

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, they either did a matte clearcoat or its just single stage paint with a flattener added.

In both scenarios, if you attempt to polish it out, you will make it shiny. That would not be ideal, because then you would need to polish the rest of the fender flares to match.
Ok thank you for the feedback! I will most likely change them at some point in the near future then. Cheers!

BadApp13

Reaction score
Subscribing in case someone else has another solution. I have the same issue. Most of my stains are chemical stains...most likely from a previous owner running it through car washes