Any “Must To Do” on a new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as minimum upgrades day 1 I'd say:

1). Catch can. I don't buy into all the hype and the current Ecoboost is dual injection so buildup isn't an issue.
I mainly installed it as a precaution against any subsequent blow by that WILL occcur. It can't hurt and will only help
by improving octane if nothing else. As the engine wears and you use the turbo you'll catch a little oil.

2). Mud flaps. You will keep so much crap off the side of your truck you'll be amazed. I used
2017-2019 Ford Raptor Logo Gatorback Mud Flaps - Custom Fit Front and Rear from SharpTruck.com.

3). Follow the suggested break-in procedure in the manual.

Other than paint protection/film/coating the Trucks are solid and you should be happy.

All other upgrades are pure preference/performance/practicality based on your individual tastes
Perfect, thanks!

Seems like mudflaps is a must thing to do ... i would never guessed it haha

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yes, mud flaps number 1 upgrade to protect truck. I went with PDP for around $85.00 and the have Raptor on them and are a nice set but you have to drill the holes.

Line-X the bed and perhaps the rear wheel wells.

UPR complete system catch can is what I went with so nothing but clean air and fuel for my truck.

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
How are the Weathertech mud flaps? Says no drilling and direct custom fit

I put them on mine and like them. They do a good job keeping things from flying against the truck and boat. Easy install. Only downside is that they are not that flexible, so snagging something on a trail could become an issue.

Double A

Reaction score
I went with rally armor as they were flexible and required no drilling. Downside they are pricey. Some didn’t like the look of gloss back but I think they look good. Rokblokz seems to be very popular choice but the rears requires you to drill a small hole for the rears. I looked at others but these were my top two choices. Good luck. Lots of good advice on the forum.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Here you go:

Proven Design Products

The only downside is you have to take your time and drill your own holes in the MudFlaps for the three existing screws for each tire. I did this without taking my tires off. It wasn't easy but they turned out great. And they're not expensive and they are flexible. I purchased them from Vendor on here.

small_Classic_ Raptor_red.jpg

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks!

Seems like mudflaps is a must thing to do ... i would never guessed it haha
I haven’t noticed it being much an issue & I have 12k miles but I now that it’s mentioned & I thought of it I don’t have any dents yet but def get a lot of stuff thrown up....I would prefer doing PPF or vinyl wrap as protection vs. mud flap just b/c I like the look better

I’d say-

Tonneau cover
Some additional lighting- gotta use some of those aux switches right?
Shorter antenna
Different lug nuts- stock ones swell & strip easy
Upgrade intercooler - probably helps significantly on stock tune too
Tune-...maybe not “must do” but tough to pass up 70-100 additional rwhp/tq for $500-800
PPF for front area
Front springs
Rear leafs icons/deavers
Ford performance diff cover

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few mentioned a diff cover upgrade.

What’s the issue with the stock one? I frankly don’t get it why Ford Performance has a “better” one but it’s not on a Raptor which is considered to be a Performance Truck!

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must haves for me if you do not tune it were Pedal Commander City+3 or Sport 1 to get rid of the lag in take off, a bed cover, and fog lights from Off-road Alliance so I can see down the back roads as the stock headlights leave a lot to be desired. I did install the PDP mud flaps and I like them. Not a must have.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as minimum upgrades day 1 I'd say:

1). Catch can. I don't buy into all the hype and the current Ecoboost is dual injection so buildup isn't an issue.
I mainly installed it as a precaution against any subsequent blow by that WILL occcur. It can't hurt and will only help
by improving octane if nothing else. As the engine wears and you use the turbo you'll catch a little oil.

2). Mud flaps. You will keep so much crap off the side of your truck you'll be amazed. I used
2017-2019 Ford Raptor Logo Gatorback Mud Flaps - Custom Fit Front and Rear from SharpTruck.com.

3). Follow the suggested break-in procedure in the manual.

Other than paint protection/film/coating the Trucks are solid and you should be happy.

All other upgrades are pure preference/performance/practicality based on your individual tastes

There's NO WAY I'm spending over $ 500 for Gatorback mud flaps . . . That's crazy..