"Must Do's" with a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have a "new truck routine" once you take delivery. Clear bra, ceramic, wheel change, etc. Curious what all of you deem as a must do when taking delivery of a new truck (this doesn't include inspection since the sticky thread addresses that). Also, your reasoning why these are a must. It might help some new owners or potential owners.

I just took bought a 2023 Black 37PP that was a customer cancellation on Wednesday. Already trying to line up tint and ceramic coating. I had Crystalline Tint on my previous Raptor and I can live without it now. I need the ceramic coating to keep that black looking as pristine as I can in this dust bowl known as Colorado haha

Trying to decide on clear bra. Might be a necessity out here with all the rock flinging.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep it simple: Initially just flaps, mats, tonneau cover and Linex treatment...(+ a few other items that I find that I need later)..

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you have a "new truck routine" once you take delivery. Clear bra, ceramic, wheel change, etc. Curious what all of you deem as a must do when taking delivery of a new truck (this doesn't include inspection since the sticky thread addresses that). Also, your reasoning why these are a must. It might help some new owners or potential owners.

I just took bought a 2023 Black 37PP that was a customer cancellation on Wednesday. Already trying to line up tint and ceramic coating. I had Crystalline Tint on my previous Raptor and I can live without it now. I need the ceramic coating to keep that black looking as pristine as I can in this dust bowl known as Colorado haha

Trying to decide on clear bra. Might be a necessity out here with all the rock flinging.
Go for a clear bra. It's amazing. A ceramic coating would be nice, but isn't a necessity.

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forscan to disable the double honk when you hop out of the car with it on and to enable the "glare-free" adaptive headlights
damn, I didn't know Forscan can get rid of that. I HATED that on my 2018. I leave the GF in the truck all time so I can run in a store real quick. It honks every time and freaks people out. Good to know!
Go for a clear bra. It's amazing. A ceramic coating would be nice, but isn't a necessity.
I see the usefulness I just worry that I'll notice it and wont be able to unsee it once its installed haha

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got full xpel ceramic tint all around and 30% front windshield, put my old tounna cover on from my 20 raptor. did full front end PFF. including side mirrors and b-pillars,I did two coats of adams advance ceramic coating. I got tinted ppf on my headlights and taillights giving it that smoke look. and just a few days ago I put the ford appliqué on. After market came out nice. planning on changing my coil springs out next month.