"Must Do's" with a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line -X and window tint of ALL WINDOWS even if its clear ceramic is a must. Pano Roof especially. I did the line-X of the bed and wheel wells and I was extremely happy I did. How did you like the Diamond Back? Did you get any accessories? I did the E&G split center console safe and would highly recommend it.
I haven't had the diamondback to long. It's definitely strong and it's already rained and the bed was totally dry.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You spoiled rich kids, the very first thing is to break it in with your favorite lady!!
hey, if your are short enought like us, you lift the backseats and theres a ton of room on the floor. just a couple blankets and you are good to go....... oh the reason i know this? um..... i just know everything...... not like i have done it before or anything....

dbonzo

Reaction score
I know a lot of you have a "new truck routine" once you take delivery. Clear bra, ceramic, wheel change, etc. Curious what all of you deem as a must do when taking delivery of a new truck (this doesn't include inspection since the sticky thread addresses that). Also, your reasoning why these are a must. It might help some new owners or potential owners.

I just took bought a 2023 Black 37PP that was a customer cancellation on Wednesday. Already trying to line up tint and ceramic coating. I had Crystalline Tint on my previous Raptor and I can live without it now. I need the ceramic coating to keep that black looking as pristine as I can in this dust bowl known as Colorado haha

Trying to decide on clear bra. Might be a necessity out here with all the rock flinging.
Definitely do a clear bra! I got a paint correction and a ceramic to make all the swirls and all that to go away. Looks great now. Tint, I went with 35 on the back since the factory privacy glass, 20 on the front and 70 on the windshield . The ceramic I have is the ceramic pro silver. Just did a basic correction to get everything looking good before the ceramic. PPF I have the xpel that covers the front end, B pillars and the mirrors. Do it sooner than later I waited a week and started getting chips and had to use some touch up paint. 1.5 inch Foutz level as well. After that enjoy the truck and use it for what’s is made to do!

Last edited:

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forscan to disable the double honk when you hop out of the car with it on and to enable the "glare-free" adaptive headlights
Is that the only way to disable the double honk? On my Chevrolet and my Ram, it can be done through the stereo/display. Can I do it here, or can the dealer disable that for me?

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the only way to disable the double honk? On my Chevrolet and my Ram, it can be done through the stereo/display. Can I do it here, or can the dealer disable that for me?
you'll need forscan, it's really not hard. the dealer may be able to do it for you, but based on all of my experience thus far with dealerships they may look at you like you have seven heads if you were to request it.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opti guard ( from Autogeek) protection Works great can do it yourself videos on utube and at Autogeek. Also at ( check it out the original inventor works great)optimum technology, Tennessee.
Clear vinyl static cling non adhesive from Walmart on door pockets where you open doors.
Gas filler door and headlights. Clear vinyl with adhesive on “ ford performance “ door sills.
Husky floor mats front and rear.
A Steering wheel cover for keeping it like new.
Sprayed liberally— a Clear paint spray on underneath to keep rust away.
Ford bed mat liner.
For me these are all high wear areas that need protection to keep looking like new.

FML

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the clear vinyl for the door sills?

I have been looking to protect those as well.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At Walmart clear vinyl sheets with adhesive backing I cut to size and apply. My Walmart sells clear vinyl sheets with adhesive backing and clear vinyl sheets without adhesive backing. These are found in the stationary department.
Keeps ford performance door sill logo staying like new. Non adhesive I use in door pockets stops them from getting all scratched up. Same for gas filler door. Clear also on headlights protects from road grime blasting and keeps them bright and shiny looking like new. From time to time I replace the vinyl when it shows wear. Hope this helps in protecting high wear areas.
Good luck with your new ride.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my truck since May mods I have done are:

New Wheels
Dash Cam
V1Gen2 Radar
Baja Designs triple fog lights (SVP)
Baja Designs Ditch lights (SVP)
Baja Designs S8 Light Bar behind the bumper grill (SVP)
Baja Designs S2 backup lights (SVP)
Windshield 50% ceramic tint
Side windows 20% ceramic tint
Pedal Monster
Bed and hood graphics form RappyGraphics
Forscan mods:
Double Honk disable
Parking lights on with DRL's
DRL brightness increased
Heated steering wheel temp increases.

Planed mods:
Goosed Tuned