"Must Do's" with a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
If your going to off-road her, here’s 30+ years on the Trail, mostly solo (I don’t have any friends :) ) plus some great ideas from other folks ;)
STAY AWAY FROM THE MODS THREADS!!
I’m carrying so much gear I have to do a semiannual inventory, mainly from “SEEING SHIXT ON FRF” , dam, I need that :banghead::buffer::driver:

If your not planning on Off-Roading her, Get to Starfuxks Early for choice parking spot to Profile Her to the Peasants…

Follow me on TwitFace for more Raptoring advice :happy160::head3:

Thread 'Off-Roading Essential’s - What I Carry on the Trail'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/off-roading-essential’s-what-i-carry-on-the-trail.89902/

736A957D-A8AA-47BE-85D0-FC536CD0346B.jpeg4F35C8ED-DB87-457A-8606-59A93BB80EC5.jpegEF5A379F-23C2-4A32-9774-C0409F9BEFA9.jpeg

OP
OP
MidnightSpecial

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rip out entire stereo....replace with aftermarket. Or is that just me?
Yeah the stereo isn't the best. Still better than my 2018 though. I did some tweaks to it the 1st night and it sounds way better. Stereo vs Surround depends on the music type. Really dont like that most of the sound is being reflected off the windshield. Makes it a little tinny with certain music.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, I didn't know Forscan can get rid of that. I HATED that on my 2018. I leave the GF in the truck all time so I can run in a store real quick. It honks every time and freaks people out. Good to know!

I see the usefulness I just worry that I'll notice it and wont be able to unsee it once its installed haha
Also crazy expensive in comparison to a ceramic job you can DIY, or have a shop do.

I did more on this truck than I usually do, but my personal must-do’s are:

1. Tuxmat floor mats (look great, protect and hold up well)
2. Permanent undercoating (obvious reasons)
3. Correction/Ceramic (personal preference)
4. Good ceramic tint
5. Solid bed cover (usually Retrax)
6. Dash cam

For this truck I added rigid D-series pro triple fog kit from SPV (deer country)

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X and window tint is usually what I do within the first week. I got a diamondback bedcover which is the first bedcover i owned. Next for me will be a dashcam. Really debating the center console safe.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Line-X and window tint is usually what I do within the first week. I got a diamondback bedcover which is the first bedcover i owned. Next for me will be a dashcam. Really debating the center console safe.
Line -X and window tint of ALL WINDOWS even if its clear ceramic is a must. Pano Roof especially. I did the line-X of the bed and wheel wells and I was extremely happy I did. How did you like the Diamond Back? Did you get any accessories? I did the E&G split center console safe and would highly recommend it.